AA Runs from LIT

Discussion in 'Mileage Runs/Travel Hacking' started by WillHuff, Nov 21, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. WillHuff

WillHuff Active Member

Status Points:
    Hey everyone, it's been a while!!

I was wondering what the best method is to find mile runs?

I'm in Arkansas and can leave from LIT. MEM is 3 hours away. DFW is 6 hours away.

My wife and I want to earn miles to make some trips to her home city of Manaus Brazil (MAO).

2. tfd

tfd Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you want just miles, there are much better and cheaper ways than flying for miles. Apply for a credit card, do some manufacturing spending. If you want status, then there are scenarios where mileage running make senses.

3. flynow

flynow Silver Member

Status Points:
    That is very true!

4. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    With Memphis in decline as a hub I would stick to AA and try to find flights out of LIT to get an extra segment. Also check your airline of choice once in awhile to see if they are offering any bonus miles out of the smaller airports which they do at times. For example AA was offering bonus miles out of Columbia Mo. for awhile. Delta does this more often it seems but again they are pulling back from MEM long term.

Also watch for special deals. For example:
    http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/36836 has PHL-DFW-PHL really cheap as of 11-22-13 and it might work in reverse for a good mileage deal from DFW although 6 hours is a hike.

5. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Depending on how many miles you are looking for, you can usually find some reasonable trips to Shanghai or Beijing which will get you a decent amount of miles for your time.

WillHuff likes this.
  6. WillHuff

WillHuff Active Member

Status Points:

Thanks.

I'm also 7,500 from gold status and would like to get there. Still 16 segments away.

We plan to travel a lot in the next few years and would like to get miles/status.

7. WillHuff

WillHuff Active Member

Status Points:

Thank you!

I will look.

I just remember seeing stories of people who had like 9 segments on a trip that took the weekend but was a really cheap ¢/mile.

I didn't know if there was a trick for those.

8. tfd

tfd Silver Member

Status Points:
    Here's some options:
    1) LIT-SFO
    $232 on AA
    12/10
    or 12/11 same day turns

LIT-DFW-SFO-DFW-LIT.. 3,547 miles if you have no status. If you have status, it will be 3,928.

2) LIT-PDX
    $232 on AA
    12/10 same day turn
    LIT-DFW-PDX-DFW-LIT. 3,840 miles if you have no status or 4,232 miles if you.

To hit gold, the most optimal thing to do would be do do LIT-DFW-PDX-DFW-LIT on 12/10 then on 12/11 do LIT-DFW-SFO-DFW-LIT.

Google Flight Links for booking:
    1. SFO:
    https://www.google.com/flights/#sea...AA1677,SFODFW0AA1677-DFWLIT0AA1614;a=ONEWORLD

2. PDX: https://www.google.com/flights/#sea...0AA1568,PDXORD0AA115-ORDLIT0AA3099;a=ONEWORLD

Hope that helps.

daninstl and WillHuff like this.