AA Renews Confidence

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by MSYgirl, Aug 19, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    As some of you may know, I had a nightmare experience getting to LHR this week. I was originally scheduled for AA-AA-BA to get to LHR, then weather delays and flight cancellations grounded me in DFW for an entire day. Then I got re-routed from DFW to AA-LHR on AA metal, yet my luggage still had to follow the AA-AA-BA path. My luggage was delayed for almost 5 days with a lack of communication from all parties, and this was definitely an unpleasant experience. I wrote to AA, and tonight they replied.

I'll spare you the long copy and paste, but my luggage did finally arrive. AA offered their apologies, and I was given a travel voucher for money off of a future flight. I've stayed true to AA despite the naysayers, and this effort on AA's part has renewed, if not solidified, my confidence in the airline I use most for domestic and international flights. I'm sure it won't always be love and roses, but the response I received was better than I expected.

Way to go, AA. :)

iolaire, zpaul, DCtrAAveler and 2 others like this.
  2. ChrisUNC

ChrisUNC Silver Member

Status Points:
    Must have been a fairly substantial voucher.

zpaul likes this.
  3. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just an AA response would have been sufficient, but a lady never kisses and tells. ;)
    (and I won't either, ha ha)

zpaul likes this.
  4. ChrisUNC

ChrisUNC Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had a horrible experience earlier this year with US. I had a tight connection in CLT due to a maintenance issue on my inbound. Arrived at my connecting flight 10 minutes prior to departure, but they had already given away my seat (F) and the plane was full; however, they accommodated me in a middle seat towards the back of the plane on a flight several hours later. I could have selected an aisle seat closer to the front of the cabin, but I would have had to pay $29 - sorry, no exceptions.

I wrote a strongly worded, but very respectful letter to US following this experience. I received a voucher that wasn't even worth the time it took me to write the letter. If that's how they treat their top tier elites, I can't even begin to imagine how horrible they must be to the casual flyer.

zpaul likes this.
  5. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    That stinks; I'm sorry to hear that. As a gold heading for PLT this year, I have to say I'm surprised at the reply and the offer I received. I didn't even expect a reply, really.

zpaul likes this.
  6. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Any indication where your luggage spent the 5 days? Did it not get to the UK until day 5?

zpaul likes this.
  7. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have no idea where it was since all flights were delayed out of DFW last week. AA and BA kept forwarding me to the other airline, and it was impossible to get answers. I did pack a King Cake from New Orleans in my checked baggage, so perhaps they were holding it and contemplating eating it. :)

zpaul and DCtrAAveler like this.