AA Relocates to Terminal 2 at Frankfurt {Club members/elites to use JAL Sakura Lounge)

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by stuartfla, Mar 1, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. stuartfla
    Original Member

stuartfla Silver Member

Status Points:
    http://aa.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=3162

FORT WORTH, Texas, March 1, 2011 -- American Airlines, which has served the Frankfurt market for more than 25 years, today announces it will relocate its operations to Terminal 2 from its current location in Terminal 1 at Frankfurt International Airport (FRA). The move on April 1 allows American to join oneworld® partners British Airways, Iberia, Finnair, Malev, S7, Royal Jordanian, Japan Airlines, Qantas, Cathay Pacific, and LAN which are already co-located in Terminal 2. With the closer proximity, Japan Airlines (JAL) invites American Airlines Admirals Club members, as well as American Airlines Business Class and oneworld Emerald and Sapphire customers, to enjoy JAL's Frankfurt Sakura Lounge.
    "Transferring our operations to Terminal 2 is great news for our customers because it will make the travel experience more efficient and convenient when connecting between oneworld member carriers at Frankfurt," said Kurt Stache, American's Vice President – International. "The relocation and opportunity for our customers to enjoy JAL's Sakura Lounge at Frankfurt is another example of how our quality oneworld partners enable us to continue providing a terrific travel experience for our customers."
    In Terminal 2, American will have a ticket counter with five check-in positions located in Hall E alongside its oneworld partners. Self-service machines will be added to the terminal in the coming months to further expedite check-in.
    JAL's Sakura Lounge is also located in Terminal 2, down Hall D on Level 3 between departure Gates D4 and D5 and is designed with warm walnut woods and airy, light colors. Glass and stone elements blend with the Japanese decor to create a welcoming environment. Guests can also enjoy amenities such as shower rooms, free wired LAN connections and PC outlets, in addition to the comprehensive business center and lounge facilities. An array of food and beverage offerings is also available in the lounge for guests wishing to have a bite to eat.

KimK, TheIceTrojan and JDiver like this.
  2. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Anyone been in the JAL lounge there? Worth a visit?

Take it the "free wired LAN connections" means no free wi-fi or they'd be advertising it in the press release.

3. JDiver
    Original Member

JDiver Silver Member

Status Points:
    The New Era has begun - fewer flights, shuttered Admirals Club (I really wish the best to the super employees!) and a T-2 move with other lounge options. Thanks for posting, stuart.

TheIceTrojan and Tenmoc like this.
  4. Tenmoc
    Original Member

Tenmoc Gold Member

Status Points:
    I agree. Although we all knew it was coming, its a shame to see this change.

TheIceTrojan and JDiver like this.
  5. chanp
    Original Member

chanp Silver Member

Status Points:
    http://aa.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=3162

I was there last Monday. Lounge had small sandwiches, some avg wines and some hard liquor. I can't recall the champagne.
    American Airlines Relocates to Terminal 2 at Frankfurt International Airport

Japan Airlines Invites Admirals Club Customers to Enjoy its Frankfurt Airport Lounge

FORT WORTH, Texas, March 1, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- American Airlines, which has served the Frankfurt market for more than 25 years, today announces it will relocate its operations to Terminal 2 from its current location in Terminal 1 at Frankfurt International Airport (FRA). The move on April 1 allows American to join oneworld® partners British Airways, Iberia, Finnair, Malev, S7, Royal Jordanian, Japan Airlines, Qantas, Cathay Pacific, and LAN which are already co-located in Terminal 2. With the closer proximity, Japan Airlines (JAL) invites American Airlines Admirals Club members, as well as American Airlines Business Class and oneworld Emerald and Sapphire customers, to enjoy JAL's Frankfurt Sakura Lounge.
    "Transferring our operations to Terminal 2 is great news for our customers because it will make the travel experience more efficient and convenient when connecting between oneworld member carriers at Frankfurt," said Kurt Stache, American's Vice President – International. "The relocation and opportunity for our customers to enjoy JAL's Sakura Lounge at Frankfurt is another example of how our quality oneworld partners enable us to continue providing a terrific travel experience for our customers."
    In Terminal 2, American will have a ticket counter with five check-in positions located in Hall E alongside its oneworld partners. Self-service machines will be added to the terminal in the coming months to further expedite check-in.
    JAL's Sakura Lounge is also located in Terminal 2, down Hall D on Level 3 between departure Gates D4 and D5 and is designed with warm walnut woods and airy, light colors. Glass and stone elements blend with the Japanese decor to create a welcoming environment. Guests can also enjoy amenities such as shower rooms, free wired LAN connections and PC outlets, in addition to the comprehensive business center and lounge facilities. An array of food and beverage offerings is also available in the lounge for guests wishing to have a bite to eat.

Microwave likes this.
  6. There's also the IB, BA, and CX lounges to enjoy, correct?

I've been to BA's basement lounge. Not bad, not great. I remember there was vodka.

Tenmoc likes this.
  7. chanp
    Original Member

chanp Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes. When you enter the terminal, after passport control, head towards the right. You will see signs to the JL and CX lounges. I didnt have enough time to check out the CX one. I think CX was to the left, JL , right.

One thing I did notice that I've never seen before, was a list of eligible passengers. I had a BA ticket over to LHR. There was a short list of names that I guess flying through there that day that were eligible to come in.

8. Skye1
    Original Member

Skye1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Fingers crossed that JAL can somehow manage to serve up the same beef curry they've got on offer at their First lounge in NRT.
    Still in one of those stages of bereavement at the loss (albeit understandable) of the A/C....

Tenmoc likes this.
  9. TheIceTrojan
    Original Member

TheIceTrojan Silver Member

Status Points:
    The JAL Lounge is a decent although I prefer the BA lounge, while dark seems to have better beverages :)

10. chanp
    Original Member

chanp Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have, was there last Monday. They have wifi Tom. I think the password last week was tokyofeb or tokyo2011. Food wise, there were some sandwiches and they had a bit of hard liquors and wines. Not a bad space. but not a F lounge either.

11. Wurm
    Original Member

Wurm Silver Member

Status Points:
  12. Wurm
    Original Member

Wurm Silver Member

Status Points:
    Forgot to add that the other adverse effect of the move to T2 is that travelers will now need to allow extra time to get from T2 to T1 to access the Regional Bahnhof and Fernbahnhof [​IMG]

13. Travel2Food
    Original Member

Travel2Food Silver Member

Status Points:
    Pleased to see that AC members are welcome at JAL.

14. JDiver
    Original Member

JDiver Silver Member

Status Points: