AA Reduced Milage Awards

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by TUMD, Jan 15, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. TUMD

TUMD Silver Member

Status Points:
    Does anyone know when the new chart comes out? Right now it runs from Dec-March and I was looking to book a flight in May. Does it pop up at the end of the current chart (March)?

Sweet Willie likes this.
  2. flynow

flynow Silver Member

Status Points:
    Make a call some one will tell you!

3. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    The publication of these awards and I presume you are referring to the Citicard discount awards (as opposed to Dynamic awards which are really a different animal)
    seem to be only published in the month they initially become useable in other words I wager you will not find then until early April.

IMHO calling in would be a waste of time unless you can provide the specific code info for the awards already published/available, most if not all AA CSRs will not have the info you seek.
    Don't even bother calling Citi they wont have clue what you are asking about:).

Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  4. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    If the OP is talking about the 40,000 lower off season rewards for international travel, they wouldn't be available in May when they're looking to travel. Don't know about the Citicard discounted awards.

Sweet Willie likes this.
  5. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    do you know offhand what months the 40k econ awards are available?

(BTW, howdy blackjack-21!)

6. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am seeing a 12,5 to PTY. this month. AA.. 90s would feel good

7. TUMD

TUMD Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was talking about the Citi reduced milage awards. Thanks for the info, guess I will have to wait a bit longer.

8. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi SW,

I was referring to the AA Off Peak rewards from NA to Europe, and on the current rewards chart's notes at the bottom, those rewards (20,000 each way) are from 15 October to 15 May, versus the usual Standard rewards in high season of 30,000 each way. "Anytime" rewards are at a higher rate on their chart

Gone fishing at all lately? Too cold up here, and I'm not into ice fishing.

Sweet Willie likes this.
  9. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    that is the info I was looking for, THANKS.
    my sis-in-law is in the hospital for a stroke, otherwise I'd take up a friend's offer to do some tarpon fishing this weekend which I've never done before. Sad I'm missing it, but happy to be with my SIL/family/wife during this tough time. (but all things are pointing as positive as they can be!) Planning any fishing trips for this coming year?

10. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hope all things turn out well for your SIL, and she's on her way to recovery quickly.

Tarpon are lots of fun, and will give you a really hard fight on light tackle. Beware that they have a really hard, boney mouth, so you have to set the hook really hard to hold them on the line. I once had a small tarpon (maybe 30 pounds or so) throw the hook back at me on his first jump from a long way out. I ducked just as the lure came flying by my head. And I have a picture somewhere from long ago, of my wife who is five feet tall, standing next to a tarpon of 135 pounds thats longer then her height. Not caught by me, and there's no reason to keep the fish as they can't be eaten, unless you plan to have one mounted. But they are tremendous fighters, and you can often spot them around the bridges in the Oversea's Highway to Key West.

But the tarpon can wait, your SIL is more important.

(Last time I was in Fla. was in 2011, when my Mom passed away, she was 101 and a half, so it wasn't a pleasure trip.) This year, it looks like LAS sometime in late spring (never fished in Lake Mead, supposed to have stripers and bass there), and London and Belfast sometime in the fall, with no time for fishing on that trip either, although I did try some river salmon fishing in Scotland many, many years ago on a prior trip. Caught a very large salmon that at about 2 3/4 inches was slightly longer then my lure!