AA PNRs - neither Sabre nor Amadeus?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by DCtrAAveler, Jun 16, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. DCtrAAveler
    Original Member

DCtrAAveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    Recently started using the MyFlights app to keep track of my itineraries, especially for upcoming award travel on international carriers. It has a nice feature of syncing with Sabre and Amadeus so that if/when anything changes in the reservation, I get a notice - seat changes, aircraft changes, etc. I've not been able to get it to recognize my AA PNRs, though, which leads me to wonder - if they aren't Sabre or Amadeus, what are they? Does AA have something completely proprietary?

2. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    On their website it says quite clearly they are unable to access AA and AF information (unless booked by a travel agent)
    AA uses Sabre and soon also will US (possibly already) when their systems integration is complete.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  3. DCtrAAveler
    Original Member

DCtrAAveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    Why yes, now that I look at the website FAQs, so it does. I should quite clearly have done that first rather than asking a question here. Thanks so much for pointing that out.

4. flyforawg

flyforawg Silver Member

Status Points:
    Disagree. Asking questions is always the best way to go. Usually faster and more efficient. RTFM makes some smart people feel superior, but honestly, who has time to read everything. You ask a quick question here and a knowledgeable person answers and the community has a new data point. It's wins all around, IMO.

KenInEscazu, Pizzaman and timfrost like this.
  5. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    :) Great thought.

As said above, AA is on Sabre. Not sure why they don't show up on this product, though I don't have experience with MyFlights.