AA Plat/OW Sapphire but wanting BA Avios for flight- Show AA Elite Card to get priority check-in?

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by Max M, May 11, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Max M

Max M Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have a few questions that have experience with AA elite/OneWorld status when flying BA:

I have Platinum status with AA [translating to Sapphire status with OneWorld], but no elite status with BA Executive Club.

I'm wanting to earn Avios for flying CDG-LHR, so I plan on entering my BA Executive Club number when purchasing my ticket.

However since I have status with OW, would I need to show my AA elite card to BA check-in staff at CDG to gain entry to the priority check-in?

Finally, if I added my AAdvantage number instead of Avios number to my BA booking, would I get access to seat assignments for free like BA's elites do?

Regarding luggage allowances, I'm aware that hand-luggage only fares exclude baggage for all elites; are only Executive Platinums/ OneWorld Emerald allowed 2 free bags for intra-European flights [on fares that don't say "Hand Luggage only"] or do AA Platinum members/OneWorld Emerald members also qualify for 2 free checked bags on intra-European flights? I ask because I see conflicting information on BA's site and OneWorld's site.

Last edited: May 11, 2014
  2. Globaliser
    Original Member

Globaliser Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes.

One approach would be to do this, and then ask the check-in desk to change the FF number. The credit may still go to the wrong place, though, and much will depend on whether you can be bothered with the hassle of correcting the error if it occurs.
    The BA site is accurate: OW Sapphires have a 2-bag allowance in Euro Traveller (and World Traveller). This is extended to anyone on the same booking.

The Sapphire member also has any heavy bag charge waived, so each bag can weigh up to 32 kg without charge; this benefit does not extend to companions on the same booking.

Max M likes this.
  3. Max M

Max M Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thank you very much Globalizer!