AA Planes with Exit Rows without the tray tables in the Arm Rest

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Jason, Oct 3, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Jason
    Original Member

Jason Silver Member

Status Points:
    When I travel with my wife, we put the armrest up inbetween us, which is more comfortable for me, being on the larger side. We were on a small plane last week (Embracer RJ140) and were lucky enough to get the exit row. Even better was that the armrest went up and the tray tables were on the seat in front of us. It was an extremely comfortable with the extra leg room AND room to spread out.

It got me thinking of whether there were other planes that had a similar set up. We flew back on a slightly larger Embracer 145 Jet, and it wasn't the same. This plane had the typical tray-table-in-armrest, making it much less comfortable for us.

Do you guys know of any other American flights/planes that have movable armrest exit row seating?

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  2. basiface

basiface Silver Member

Status Points:
    B757 Row 10 B-C, D-E for sure. Seatguru.com

3. Jason
    Original Member

Jason Silver Member

Status Points:
    That's funny. From Seatguru, they ARE exit rows, but actually have REDUCED legroom...kind of defeats the point. From being on these planes, I seem to remember that the seats infront of them 9 B-C, D-E (which has only 2 seats in the normal 3 seat row) may actually have moveable armrests. Seatguru says they don't (and who am I to argue with them) but does anyone know for sure? As a bulkhead, I think those DID have increased legroom, and also looked good for a couple because you don't have to sit with that akward 3rd wheel.

4. basiface

basiface Silver Member

Status Points:
    I sat in row 10 a couple of months ago and while the legroom is reduced it's still more than the regular seats. I'm 6'0 230 and I was still comfortable. Row nine has a lot more legroom, but I'm pretty sure the armrest DON'T move. They have trays in them because the distance from the seat to the bulkhead is too far. The biggest downsides to row 9 in my opinion is that you're pretty much sitting in the bathroom, there's a lot of traffic in that area because of the bathrooms, and there's no overhead compartment above the seats. Oh and if they use that door to board, some flight attendants will have you stand up until the plane is fully boarded because you're blocking the entrance.

5. serion

serion Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've been on some of their older MD-80's and the arm rest was moveable. I also recently flew one of their 757-200 to Anchorage in exit row 9 (only two row seats in econ) and the arm rests went up in it as well.