AA or LAN MIA to SCL

Discussion in 'oneworld' started by tondoleo, Mar 4, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. tondoleo
    Original Member

tondoleo Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am assisting my spouse on booking a biz trip from MIA to SCL. This is a route neither of us have ever flown. She has Gold status on AA. No status on LAN. Based on the collective experiences of my fellow MP travelers which airline offers the better service for the route? Thanks.

2. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Eloy Fonseca Neto Silver Member

Status Points:

Definately AA!!!

3. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    The only thing better about AA is pre-dinner beverages and water refills. LAN's flat seats and excellent IFE, as well as very good wine list, blows AA out of the sky. You also won't suffer with incessant turn your electronics, stay out of that bathroom, etc etc. third grade announcements. You will also notice that the curtains are used and it keeps the cabin darker during shluffy time.

Gaucho and daemon14 like this.
  4. daemon14

daemon14 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Definitely LAN! The flat bed is great (true lie-flat), their food & wine are much better than AA, and their IFE screen is HUGE with extensive collection.

And Bay Pisco Shark is right about the incessant "announcements" US-based airlines like to make. There's a sort of calmness when you're departing on an international carrier, something you wouldn't get on AA. And what he said about the soft product, if you push the FA call button on LAN, you won't get chastised for doing so. Just say you want some water or a glass of wine and they'll gladly bring it.

Bay Pisco Shark likes this.
  5. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Status Points:
    But if you wait for them to bring it outside of normal meal times, you will die of thirst!

Gaucho and daemon14 like this.
  6. daemon14

daemon14 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Definitely. They tend to hang around the front galley but I see this as them not wishing to disturb passengers outside of meal times. Never had a problem with the call button -- I think in the U.S., we are trained not to use it.

Gaucho likes this.
  7. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Status Points:
    But if you go in the galley, they can be curt or downright surly. Or pleasant. But they do tell you that they will bring it to your seat.

Gaucho likes this.
  8. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    you´re joking, right.....?