AA One-Day NetSAAvers-- something new?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by tom911, Mar 17, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Today AA offered sale fares to Brussels and Zurich, posted not only on their Twitter feed but very visibly on the front page of the AA website. Can't beat $398+ RT from SFO in April. That's the lowest fare I've seen to anywhere in Europe this year.

Is this something new with AA? I know UA used to offer non-upgradable Twitter fares every few weeks to Australia, though they have not been doing that this year, possibly due to a new strategy with the CO merger. I just can't recall AA offering these one day sale fares before.

Anyone recall anything similar in recent months? If this is a new marketing strategy for those that can buy with short notice I'm all for it (and will be going to Brussels on a 6 day trip).

2. edog22
    Original Member

edog22 Silver Member

Status Points:
    To be honest I rarely look at that front page. I wonder if it is part of their response to the Orbitz/Expedia dealings as they try to drive more people to the AA website? The amount of promotional emails from AA seems to have risen a bit the last two months, though that could be a completely separate issue.

TheBeerHunter and tom911 like this.
  3. Tenmoc
    Original Member

Tenmoc Gold Member

Status Points:
    Also AA Facebook and Twitter are fairly new. So it might just be something they've planned but hadn't implemented before. But to answer your question I do not recall any 1 day sales like this before on AA.

4. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hard to say. They didn't send out e-mails on this one (or at least not to me if they did), so their exposure would be limited to those who saw the social media posts or AA web site.

5. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

TheBeerHunter Silver Member

Status Points:
    Actually I did get an email on this one. My husband (same status, etc.) didn't however. The email is the only way I knew about this sale. We've held one trip to BRU, trying to decide between that or using the pair of CX F tickets we were able to snag with AA miles to HKG in the same period. These are good problems to have, I realize. :D

Toula likes this.
  6. Skye1
    Original Member

Skye1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    It could be an effort to drive traffic to their FB presence which, up 'til now, has not had much in the way of substantive content that one couldn't already find on aa.com.

Noted the one-day sale on the FB page, but of course, got it here in London at the "end" of the "one -day" (time difference).

Then again, I only just now noticed they've got an "American Airlines Europe" page on FB, which has just "liked" the U.S. Embassy in Finland, and recently announced a HEL-ORD sale....