AA offering free flights for LAX based EXPs. Any new AE destinations

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by chanp, Apr 11, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. chanp
    Original Member

chanp Silver Member

Status Points:
    Any others get this offer? (surrounding areas?)

2. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Might be nice for all if you could post some additional information or the content of the email (I'm assuming) you received outlining the promotion. I'm not LAX-based, but I'm curious and I'm sure others are as well.

3. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    For those curious, here's the text/rules for the offer. Sounds like a nice offer for LAX based EXP:

To celebrate the introduction of nine new American Eagle® routes from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), we are pleased to offer you, one of our most valued customers, the opportunity to experience our new flights, compliments of American Airlines!

Below is a 100% OFF* discount code to use on an American Eagle® roundtrip ticket from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) to any of the cities to the right — all you have to decide is where you want to go!

Promotion Code: XXXXXXXXXXXX

To redeem your ticket, click on the button below by April 25, 2011, and travel by June 9, 2011. Remember to enter your special code in the "Promo Code" box at the time of booking.

Cities: Albuquerque, Boise, El Paso, Houston, Oklahoma City, Phoenix, Salt Lake City, Sacramento and Tucson.

*Terms and Conditions for Promotion Code:

When used according to its terms, the promotion code entitles the user to a 100% discount on a published economy-class fare for nonstop round-trip travel on American Eagle between Los Angeles (LAX) and Albuquerque (ABQ), Boise (BOI), El Paso (ELP), Houston George Bush (IAH), Oklahoma City (OKC), Phoenix (PHX), Sacramento (SMF), Salt Lake City (SLC), or Tucson (TUS), excluding codeshare flights. Discount is valid when purchased on AA.com between April 11 2011, and April 25, 2011, for travel between April 11, 2011, and June 9, 2011. Promotion code may be used for one passenger on a single purchase. The promotion code requires instant purchase and may not be applied to previous reservations or reservations placed on hold. The discount will not be applied to any government or airport imposed taxes, fees or charges. Round-trip travel is defined as travel from your city to the destination, and from the same destination back to the city where you originated travel with no deviations. For full terms and conditions about AA.com promotion codes, visitwww.aa.com/promotioncode. Offer valid only for recipients of this email promotion.

4. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

TheBeerHunter Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wow, what a nice offer.

Except, no EQMs I'm sure :eek:

5. Christian Martinez
    Original Member

Christian Martinez Gold Member

Status Points:
    I could really use that for the LAX-IAH flight to go visit my pops...I do go back and forth between LAX and NYC so let's see if I get the e-mail *fingers crossed*

6. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    It's a discount code, not an award and books into O fare class. Should earn miles!

TheBeerHunter likes this.
  7. chanp
    Original Member

chanp Silver Member

Status Points:
    It does earn miles

8. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    You're NYC based aren't you? As far as I can tell this offer is only going to EXPs based in LAX or one of the 9 new destinations on AE from LAX. :(

9. Christian Martinez
    Original Member

Christian Martinez Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well I'm based in both actually. Both of my LAX and NYC addresses are registered with AA and as I'm on the transcons between JFK and LAX every month...it's not as if AA doesn't have the paper trail to see my situation.

10. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

TheBeerHunter Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sweeeet!

11. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I suppose there is still hope but I doubt AA is taking the time to go through the accounts to figure out who get them and who doesn't. I suppose there is still a chance though. Good luck!

12. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Eloy Fonseca Neto Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wow!!! They should do that here too!!! But I doubt that they will extend this policy internationally!!

13. FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
    Original Member

FlyMeToTheLooneyBin Silver Member

Status Points:
    The fees are also discounted. It comes out to $5 total.

14. chemist562
    Original Member

chemist562 In Memorian

Status Points:
    Got the offer. Booked a trip LAX-IAH for June 4-6. Had to work dates until this set worked. (wanted to leave Sat, return Sun or Mon).

LAX-IAH have FC, is the furthest & I used to live in Texas. (Austin). Also registered for the double miles promo.

Only drawback is the car rental taxes/fees are more than my base price. Oh well, total for 2 days w/Hertz is about $60. (using a $10/day off coupon).

$5ai for air that earns miles. Can't beat that!

15. FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
    Original Member

Status Points:
    and double RDM with the promo!

16. beachfan

beachfan Silver Member

Status Points:
    anyone have problems booking? I see O availability on Expert Flyer and Discount Economy on the aa website, but get messages that the promo code doesn't apply.

17. FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
    Original Member

Status Points:
    If you see it on EF, then call AA.com and have them help you book it. I had the same issue. The O fares were not showing up on AA.com, possibly because they weren't the lowest fares.

18. beachfan

beachfan Silver Member

Status Points:
    Turns out if you click on the link in the email with the promo code, it's easy.

It takes you too "search by price" as opposed to "price and schedule" which wasn't working well.

FlyMeToTheLooneyBin likes this.
  19. FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Interesting. I didn't try this.