AA Offer to extend EXP into 2014

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by InsideThePlane, Jun 6, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. InsideThePlane

InsideThePlane Silver Member

Status Points:
    Dear InsideThePlane,

We hope you are enjoying the exclusive benefits of your AAdvantage Executive Platinum® status, including unlimited complimentary upgrades, access to Main Cabin Extra and Preferred seating, PriorityAAccessSM privileges, and more.

I'm delighted to tell you about a special offer to extend your AAdvantage Executive Platinum status for another year.

Earn 55,000 elite-qualifying miles or points between April 24, 2012, and December 31, 2012, and extend your AAdvantage Executive Platinum status through February 28, 2014.

It is not necessary to register for this promotion. You have been pre-enrolled for this offer.

2. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Yes, I hope you are enjoying those benefits, even the ones that are not available yet. :D

This might elevate some of the heartburn people have when they register for targeted promos that include codes but they are not targeted for.

You are a status matched UA 1K correct?

jbcarioca and perryplatypus like this.
  3. InsideThePlane

InsideThePlane Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, I am. After 370K on AA I switched to UA during the MD 80 groundings a few years back.
    After 600K on UA, I'm back to AA

jetsetboy and jbcarioca like this.
  4. okrogius

okrogius Silver Member

Status Points:
    Similar offer here as well - if anything this definitively guarantees I'll fly 55k (or more) on AA. :)

5. Rob
    Original Member

Rob Gold Member

Status Points:
    Fine print says:

John777 likes this.
  6. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    But there haven't been nearly as many DEQM opportunities since the ones earlier this year. I think 55K will be pretty easy to hit and is a generous offer. My guess is that this was targeted specifically to those with status matches and is a prorated number chosen to accommodate the fact that we joined AA halfway through the year.

7. folex386

folex386 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Agree, it sounds like from talk on this board and the other board that the new EXPs are really enjoying their benefits.

8. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you are referencing Flyertalk as "the other board" I have to disagree with you. I have noticed a rash of complaints from UAL elites who although matched to EXP didnt get the SWUs from AA and are pissed that A has the " nerve to require them to actually fly in Y to earn them" :rolleyes: .

JNB280 and HaveMilesWillTravel like this.
  9. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    There was some disappointment expressed because the initial wave of comp'd ExecPlat received SWUs, but with the deluge, AA felt -- rightly -- it was too rich to keep giving out, so make them do a challenge. Fair enough. Once one gets the 30K by the end of August for the SWUs, only another 25K are needed 'til the end of the year for extension through 2014.

10. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Now if only they'd let me match from DM...alas, no, I'll earn EXP the hard way! ;)

perryplatypus likes this.
  11. chitownflyer
    Original Member

chitownflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is it correct to assume that the EQM bonus offers for high yield fares like Y, B, I, and D which earn the 50 percent EQM bonus are valid towards earning the 30K for the SWUs and the 55K for requalification for Executive Platinum?

Also do those requalifying for Executive Platinum status by earning the targeted offer of 55K EQMs still receive 8 SWUs upon requalification?

12. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Higher fare classes do not earn extra EQM, they earn extra EQP.

13. chitownflyer
    Original Member

chitownflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    So a roundtrip I fare of 10,000 miles would earn 15,000 EQP?

14. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Correct. The I fare of 10K miles would earn the following based solely on the fare class (status changes the RDM earning rates):

10K EQM
    12.5K RDM
    15K EQP

This might be helpful: LINK.

15. kwai
    Original Member

kwai Gold Member

Status Points:
    What you call a rash of complaints I call 5 or so posters. Many weren't thrilled that SWUs were summarily cut off (other than by challenge) but outside of a handful many moved forward. Perhaps 2 talked about responding to AA and telling them to shove it....

Disappointment yes (I'm one of them) but having read the entire thread over there I didn't come away with the same opinion as you.

16. daemon14

daemon14 Gold Member

Status Points:
    But cheap fares earn 0.5 EQP, so flying 25K on full fare coach or higher and 25K on deep-discount GQNOS fares would yield you 50K EQM and 50K EQP.

17. anabolism
    Original Member

anabolism Gold Member

Status Points:
    My company requires cheap fares (e.g., Q) for domestic but allows discount business (I) on long-haul international. Since those are longer flights with more miles, the mix can allow me to requalify on points. But I plot out my expected travel a year ahead, and purchase status-runs to make sure. I use ExpertFlyer to find good I fares to Europe or Asia, or use a DONEx. When I do need a domestic trip for a family event or something, I never book anything that earns less than 1 EQP/miles (usually requires putting super-cheap on hold CBS calling to ask how much to bump up).

18. justplanenuts

justplanenuts Active Member

Status Points:
    This may have been asked before, but I haven't been able to find it. I matched to EXP and am on my way to the 30k to get the 8 SWU's. When I re-qualify at 55k will I receive another 8 SWU's or does the 8 in August need to last me until I re-qualify sometime in 2013?