AA MR out of LAS needed

Discussion in 'Mileage Runs/Travel Hacking' started by bthobe, Nov 5, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. bthobe
    Original Member

bthobe Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hey all,

With the DEQM with AA, I have decided to take the leap up to Exec Plat. After doing the requisite math, with the promo, I need 19,085 BIS miles to make it.

Any cheap suggestions? All I can find at this time are flights in the ~3.2cpm with the promo which isn't a very good deal. Ideally I want to hover around the ~2.5 cpm range or lower. And ideally the MR is before Nov 26 or after Dec 21 as I will be out of pocket and in school.

Thanks all!

2. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. bthobe
    Original Member

bthobe Silver Member

Status Points:
  4. dingalpha

dingalpha Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you could travel to SEA first, I would suggest SEA-DFW-BOS-DFW-SEA at 282 dollars with 0-1 night. Base miles are 6442 and the EQM will be 12884 with the AATHX.

FYI, I reposition myself from Miami to SEA in order to take advantage of this fare and still keep the cost low at 2.4 cents/ EQM after AATHX and 1.63 cents/redeemable miles since I get 3X miles.

AUSsie and bthobe like this.
  5. bthobe
    Original Member

bthobe Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the heads up as this seems like the best bang for the buck at the moment.

dingalpha likes this.
  6. dingalpha

dingalpha Silver Member

Status Points:
    5.0 cents/mile is my expectation. below 4 cents/mile sound great to me:)

I did booked something like FLL-ORD-SFO-MIA with great value, while something crazy like MIA-TPA-ORD-LAX-ORD-FLL-ORD-LAX-ORD-MIA.......

bthobe likes this.
  7. bthobe
    Original Member

bthobe Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have seen a couple of fun ones such as LAX-BNA-ORD-PVG-LAX-DFW-LAS.... that is around 3.5cpm.... But I still have to secure a Chinese Visa :/