AA Luggage Tags

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by bthobe, Feb 23, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. bthobe
    Original Member

bthobe Silver Member

Status Points:
    Does anyone know how long it typically takes to receive luggage tags when ordered off of the AA website? I know in the T&C's, it says 4-6 weeks, but what is your experience with how long they take from being ordered to arriving at in the mail?

2. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    If it's anything like status cards/tags or the Admiral's Club cards/tags, it'll take the stated 4-6 weeks. At least for me.

I've never paid for just tags though, so no personal experience with that specific avenue.

bthobe likes this.
  3. bthobe
    Original Member

bthobe Silver Member

Status Points:
    Do I need my Plat card to access lounges when flying OW partners? Or does the status on my boarding pass enough?

4. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I've always been fine with my boarding card, though I have heard stories of some lounge "dragons" demanding validation of status through your elite card. The only time I've been asked for my elite card was when accessing the JL lounge in NRT.

bthobe likes this.
  5. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Also, If you're a new PLT, make sure you call AA to refresh your status on your existing reservations. If you booked the tickets while GLD or without status, the system will not automatically update your reservations with the PLT status.

bthobe likes this.
  6. bthobe
    Original Member

bthobe Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the heads up on this. I was denied Priority access a few times last month during my MR's as my status was still showing dirt even though I was Gold at the time.

7. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Well, that might be a different issue....

If your miles had posted and your new status was showing on your profile when you signed into AA.com, then it might be an issue of your reservations needing to be refreshed.

But if you had flown your flights and you were taking part in the recent DEQM/TEQM promos, your new status is only awarded AFTER your miles post. Since promos miles do not post the next day like regular flights, you wouldn't have earned the status at that point.

8. chaz4449

chaz4449 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I got my platinum baggage tags in just about 2 weeks' time.

bthobe likes this.
  9. bthobe
    Original Member

bthobe Silver Member

Status Points:
    It has been a little over two weeks for me so hopefully they come in any day now. :)