AA/JL Release Promo Video Highlighting TPAC Cabin Products

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by DestinationDavid, May 26, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    This has been floating around the web and related travel sites today, but I figured I'd add it here for our lovely MP AA forum.

It's an interesting video but I can't help but think that the clear "winner" is JL. AA's product is nice but lacks many of the nicer touches JL has, especially in F. The tempurpedic mattress, 17" IFE screen, amenity kit offerings, etc.

Hopefully AA will be rolling out new cabins when they start taking delivery on some of the new 777s or 787s.

2. lwildernorva

lwildernorva Active Member

Status Points:
    I agree. The video reinforces my impression that international business on many airlines meets or exceeds what American and other US airlines offer in first. Of course, I generally only see the foreign airline offers for international flights and frequently only see the domestic offerings for American and other US airlines so that's not necessarily a fair comparison. I shouldn't expect the same kind of aircraft to fly from ORF to ORD as would fly from ORD to NRT.

3. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Well I think it's a hard struggle to argue AA's F product is going to best some of it's oneworld partners. I think it's fairly competitive with other US carriers. AA will be introducing new planes in the next few years and I'm willing to be we will see the next generation of premium product at that point. It's a real opportunity for AA to make a mark.