AA: JFK/BUF - NRT 686 ai

Discussion in 'Mileage Runs/Travel Hacking' started by spkg, Feb 10, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. spkg
    Original Member

spkg Silver Member

Status Points:
    JFK-ORD-LAX-NRT and back was the best routing I found, works out to around 700. plently of dates in March, minium 2 nights stay.

BUF-ORD-NRT for about 700 ai as well, 680 in Canadian dollars :). great run for MRers base out of Toronto like meself.

I know its not the best CPM, but given the lack of good fares elsewhere, its still pretty good.
    I'm doing it to complete the challenge from 1K to EXP, three such run will do it, $2100 for about 110K AA miles, EXP status, and 8 eVIP its a bad deal.

arkleseizure likes this.
  2. al613
    Original Member

al613 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Good deal. Just make sure you get enough points for EXP challenge, not miles.

3. spkg
    Original Member

spkg Silver Member

Status Points:
    thanks for the advice, I'd get just over 20000 points with the three trips, plus 5000 that i'm getting for flying for work, i'll just get me there.

4. milestoburn
    Original Member

milestoburn Gold Member

Status Points:
    nice. was looking for a good route to do a challenge and take a trip having not flown AA for some years.

5. ma91pmh
    Original Member

ma91pmh Silver Member

Status Points:
    I saw the same price come up for RDU-ORD-NRT round trip. The 2 day min kills it for me though. Last year with DBEQM out of RDU I paid $1100 for same trip, but with 2xEQM and 3xRDM it was very worthwhile, especially as I snagged C upgrades upon booking.

For those looking to do challenges be aware this fare is Q class saw will only earn 1 EQP per two miles flown, or 0.5 EQP/mile. It is likely you can get a H fare for less than twice the cost, which would be a better ROI

6. TrueBlueFlyer
    Original Member

TrueBlueFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    can you use the 10% off coupon from KFC on this deal?

7. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    CO matched and one can route via GUM if desired. Not too shabby an option. I saw some trips with Thursday EWR-HNL, Friday HNL-GUM, Sunday GUM-NRT which means overnights in both HNL and GUM along the way.Oh, and UA flights can be mixed in as well.

I'm going (LGA-IAH-(HNL)-GUM-NRT-SFO-JFK) the last weekend in March, it would seem.

8. spkg
    Original Member

spkg Silver Member

Status Points:
    damn, only the JFK fares are allowed the GUM/HNL routings

9. spkg
    Original Member

spkg Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wow, according to ITA one can actually do the following

JFK-SFO-HNL-MAJ-KWA-KSA-PNI-TKK-GUM-NRT-GUM-HNL-LAX-JFK

all for $587, who ever manages to figure out how to piece that together on CO.com first wins the MilePoint grand price!

10. Spangenberg
    Original Member

Spangenberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    yikes, good luck

11. leeivan86
    Original Member

leeivan86 Gold Member

Status Points:
    The MAJ-KWA-KSA-PNI-TKK-GUM portion is operated by Continental Micronesia based in Guam and it is one of their island hopper routes operated by the same 737 if i am not wrong. It is used to be said that a hardcore CO fan would attempt to do this legendary route once in his or her life :p

12. spkg
    Original Member

spkg Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've done it on an award trip a few years back on my way to TKK for some scuba diving, never done it revenue, i guess here's my chance