AA Intl Award

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by bez7, Feb 28, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. bez7
    Original Member

bez7 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is a stopover for 10k miles a good use of the miles or is there a better way to go on a TATL award redemption?

Travelman likes this.
  2. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    There is much too little information in here for anyone to reasonably help you. You'll need to give more information on where you're going, how long you're going, when you're going, class of travel, etc.

3. bez7
    Original Member

bez7 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nope, that should be plenty. Just asking if there's a better option than a stopover for 10k miles to stop in a place for a few days. I'm able to work out the details on my own.

4. so you don't actually want an answer?

skit53 and DestinationDavid like this.
  5. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    As TuesdayMass indicates above, I think the reason you might not have any responses in this thead is because no one understands what you're asking. I don't even know what a 10K stopover is. Are you talking about the 10K one way economy award for travel within Europe?

6. prometheusg
    Original Member

prometheusg Silver Member

Status Points:
    The way I read it, he's asking if using 10k miles to add a stopover on his tatl is a good use of his miles. I'm not qualified to answer that. It doesn't seem reasonable to ask the question with so few details given.

7. gemac
    Original Member

gemac Silver Member

Status Points:
    No.

8. bombayhog
    Original Member

bombayhog Active Member

Status Points:
    Clearly, that's not plenty. First of all, AA doesn't charge 10k for stopovers--in this case you're most likely talking about having to pay for a second intra-Europe award for 10k because you want a stopover on the way at your point of arrival into Europe, which breaks the award into two. But you're making us guess. If you want people here to apply their knowledge and give useful answers, they would at the very least need to know which cities you're trying to get to. Without that, what can we say?

9. skit53
    Original Member

skit53 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Agreed - need way more information to be able to help the OP.

10k for an additional intra europe leg may be worth it, again it depends on the cities involved as well as the dates of the flights.

TuesdayMass likes this.