AA Increases 77W Request to 20

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by DestinationDavid, Feb 2, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    LINK.

American Airlines has increased its order for Boeing 777-300ERs to 20, says chairman and chief executive Tom Horton.

The Fort Worth-based Oneworld alliance member previously disclosed an order for 15 of the type, split between 13 firm orders and two options.

"We had a little secret," Horton tells Flightglobal onboard American's inaugural 777-300ER flight from Dallas-Fort Worth to Sao Paulo Guarulhos on 31 January.

It was not clear whether the additional five aircraft are options or firm orders. Boeing's online orders and deliveries page still lists firm orders by American Airlines for 13 777-300ERs. The database does not include a listing for options or commitments.

Kalboz, akcae, garyst16 and 1 other person like this.
  2. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Merger money?

Kalboz likes this.
  3. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes. They're spending US's money and making commitments without a legal agreement to do so, and the BK court is going along with this behind closed doors.

Next theory? :grabs popcorn:

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

4. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I only said that kind of jokingly. If anything buying more Boeing aircraft would indicate they don't expect a merger because after a merger a decision about fleet direction would be made.

They are equipping these planes reay nicely. Maybe one day ill have AA miles and try it out.

5. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think the 777-300er list is probably shorter and more suitable than the a330/340 list. They're only buying airbus fleet to help replace md 80's and older 737's because Boeing can't make them at te volume and rate customers order them.

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint