"AA has no Plan B if merger fails...

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by ChrisUNC, Aug 21, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. ChrisUNC

ChrisUNC Silver Member

Status Points:
    ...and a settlement is highly unlikely" according to AA General Counsel Gary Kennedy and Outside Counsel Joe Simm.

Does not sound like a good position to be in. Perhaps it's a part of a "approve this merger or AA goes under" strategy?

The $500K/day in legal fees most definitely can't be helping AA's financial situation, but at least the lawyers are happy.

http://www.dallasnews.com/business/...plan-b-will-take-antitrust-fight-to-court.ece

2. misman
    Original Member

misman Gold Member

Status Points:
    That was mentioned here... with some interesting follow-up discussion going on.

LETTERBOY likes this.
  3. Max M

Max M Gold Member

Status Points:
    Or so AA wants the media to believe that there is no Plan B.

AA had interest in B6 before the US/AA merger idea, and odds are that's still an option.

LETTERBOY likes this.
  4. ChrisUNC

ChrisUNC Silver Member

Status Points:
    Gosh, darnit. And here I thought I had breaking news and something worthwhile to contribute to the community <sigh>. Oh, well. That's what I get for sourcing all of my news feeds from USA Today. :eek:

Actually, I somehow lost track of the other thread - thanks for my steering me back on the runway. :)

misman likes this.
  5. misman
    Original Member

misman Gold Member

Status Points:
    It was worthwhile... that is why I thought you might be interested in the other thread.

ChrisUNC likes this.