AA has never sent any Exec Plat info

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by operababe, Jan 1, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. operababe

operababe Member

Status Points:
    I qualified finally for executive platinum status on Nov. 19th. I was thrilled to see the account status change about 3-4 days later.

But I have never received an email or snail mail congrats or packet or anything from AA! Nothing!!

I received packets of info at other levels and a membership card.

Wouldn't you think that with 90k employees that someone could send a lame email at least?

42 days and counting with no response from AA!

And yes, I called AA customer relations. They said something should arrive in mail within a week. That was 3 weeks ago.

2. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I changed from Gold to PLT, but nada yet. Of course I just made the change on my flight last Friday night and I'm as impatient as they come! Perhaps they are waiting until year end to send them out.

I also still haven't gotten my HH Gold card/mail/anything yet others have. Perhaps things are delayed more around the holiday season. If it doesn't show up in another week, give them a call again.

And welcome to MP and congrats on EXP! If you have a problem using those SWUs, please do let me know. ;)

uggboy likes this.
  3. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    My AA credential mailings always take about 6-8 weeks.

And I never get any emails on status renewal from AA. AS and DL both send emails. SPG did, but Not Hyatt for me this year. It's a cheap shoot.

As long as it shows online or mobile app your golden.

4. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Never could understand why the receipt of what is really just a shiney piece of plastic (which has very limited practical use) is so important to some.:)
    AA has never sent out congratulatory e-mails and near the end of the qualifying year the card ( plus the new EXP luggage tags) seem to take longer.
    in some years past they didn't even turn up until March.
    In addition to the above it is my understanding that due to merger the luggage tags (and cards?? ) are being redone ..so I would'nt expect them for a few months to come.

BTW the HH has never sent out status change e-mails and unless you have opted in to receive mailed promotion info ( not sure if e-mail qualifies) from them you will not receive a card either. This situation has existed with HH going on 10 years.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
    LETTERBOY likes this.
  5. operababe

operababe Member

Status Points:
    I'm HH Diamond. They do send cards in the mail.

6. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    And so am I... last year when I qualified I/we got three sets of cards ( one each for our mutual account= total of six:)) ... so far this time, none yet.

If you are perhaps so inclined the next time you speak to Diamond desk ask them and I believe they will tell you are signed up to receive promo/etc notifications
    (which results in a new cards being automatically sent)

So now that you have your Diamond card tell me when you ever had to produce it at any HH property?

flyforawg likes this.
  7. Captain Oveur
    Original Member

Captain Oveur Gold Member

Status Points:
    I got a congratulatory e-mail when I finished the EXP challenge in Dec 2012, then the package about a week or two later.

Re-qualified for EXP on Dec 23rd, didn't get any e-mail or anything. Not sweating it though, they probably have a million things going on right now with the merger. As long as my BP and the website still says EXP, I couldn't care less about the card.

flyforawg and LETTERBOY like this.
  8. brodyf

brodyf Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you need your card for some reason , like to get into a BA lounge, you can get the electronic membership card on your phone using the AApp.

Go to My Account/ View Card to see it. On an iPhone you can save it to Passbook for easy access later

FEV77 likes this.
  9. zphelj

zphelj Gold Member

Status Points:
    There are some times the physical card has been required in my personal experience. I've been denied entry into BA Galleries First in LHR until I could produce the physical card at least once. Ever since then it's on my checklist to make sure I have the card when I fly.