AA/Frommers Promo: Test New Content, Win A Free Trip To Any AA Destination

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by DestinationDavid, Oct 20, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    LINK.

Promo seemed odd to me. I built my itinerary in Tokyo and didn't find the information that helpful. I picked Tokyo because it's the city I'm most familiar with outside of my home city. Interestingly the offered options didn't include 90% of what I'd consider the "top sights" in Tokyo. The picture provided was only good to let you know what to look for when you arrive. Not sure what the angle is here.

3 winners get 280K AA miles.

Apparently you can earn an additional entry into the contest if you purchase a ticket after testing the promo.

T&C:

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. 1) Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years or older. 2) Sweepstakes begins at 11:59 a.m. CDT on October 17, 2011, and all entries must be received by 11:59 a.m. CST on December 14, 2011. There is a limit of a total of three (3) entries per email address. 3) Eligibility: Employees and agents of Sponsor, Administrator and affiliates, agencies, distributors, wholesalers and retailers, and members of such employees' and agents' immediate families and individuals living in the same household with such employees or agents, are not eligible to win. 4) Prize Details: Three Prizes consisting of 280,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® miles, Total ARV $16,716. 5) Drawing and awarding of the Prizes will be on or about December 21, 2011. 6) Odds of winning depend on number of entries. 7) Void outside of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia and where prohibited. 8) Participation is subject to complete Official Rules and offer Terms and Conditions, by which all entrants are bound, available at www.aa.com/journey. 9) Entrants release all parties from all claims/liability arising from this Sweepstakes or acceptance/use of Prize. 10) Sponsor: American Airlines, Inc., 4333 Amon Carter Blvd., Fort Worth, TX 76155.

2. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah it wasn't very useful... seems like a Google Maps Street View mash-up to show you the locations through a viewfinder. Still, miles are miles and all you have to do is give up your email address (which they already have) at the end with your AA account number.

rwoman, JohnDeere19 and yaychemistry like this.
  3. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    The views were awful, but I won't say no to 280k miles! Thanks!

rwoman and viguera like this.
  4. Espan

Espan Silver Member

Status Points:
    couple quick minutes to go through the process for a slim chance at a nice bounty...

rwoman and JohnDeere19 like this.
  5. SpecialK
    Original Member

SpecialK Gold Member

Status Points:
    I assume there are taxes on the ARV $16,716?

rwoman and JohnDeere19 like this.
  6. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    That ARV is for all 3 (so divide by 3 for 1), but yes, you assume correctly.

rwoman likes this.
  7. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    The options for the locations were not great but it is a pretty cool way to enter a sweepstakes!

JohnDeere19 and rwoman like this.
  8. PointHoarder
    Original Member

PointHoarder Silver Member

Status Points:
    Agreed, the views in the promo were pretty 'craptacular', verging on useless. If I were relying on them to decide what to visit as a tourist, I would probably opt to stay home.
    The things I will do for a few miles :D

JohnDeere19 and rwoman like this.
  9. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was thinking the same...lol :)

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  10. progapanda

progapanda Silver Member

Status Points:
    As others have said, not particularly useful. However, checking out the sweepstakes might be worth it only for the 15% AA promo code you after checking out any one of the cities offered.

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  11. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just got that 15% off email too...way to step it up AA!

12. progapanda

progapanda Silver Member

Status Points:
    AA is currently offering some decent transcon fares that after the 15% promo alluded to above (which is pretty easy to land) could be decent mileage runs at just over $0.04 per mile.

Examples: JFK-LAX for $256r/t, or JFK-LAX-SEA for $289r/t.

13. ossipago

ossipago Silver Member

Status Points:
    Do you need to do something extra for the 15%, or just enter?