AA Flight booked via BA

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by IPBrian, Aug 30, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. IPBrian

IPBrian Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is probably an elementary question, but I like to have info going in...I booked a ticket via Avios points on BA.com to Chicago which with be on AA metal. We don't have a BA ticketing counter in SGF and I will thus print my tickets at home, however will the AA kiosk print my ticket for me?

The reason I ask is I get Admirals Club access through my Amex Platinum card. If I have a BA ticket on AA, it seems much more likely I will be turned away than if I have an AA printed ticket on AA. Anyone have any tips to insure I still get access?

perryplatypus likes this.
  2. perryplatypus

perryplatypus Gold Member

Status Points:
    Call AA and have them to add your AAdvantage Number to the reservation in place of your BA number. Then you should be able to see your ticket in your AA..com account. I did this a few months ago. Since BA give you basically the crappy coach seats toward the back of the plane I called AA to change up my seats and so I could access my ressie online.

IPBrian and viguera like this.
  3. TheTravelAbstract

TheTravelAbstract Silver Member

Status Points:
    The last two times I booked an AA flight with Avios I did not need to call BA for this issue.

It was either already attached to my AAdvantage account when I logged in or I searched using the Record Locator that BA gives out.

BA has made some nice improvements with their UX and fluidity between alliance partners.

IPBrian, viguera and perryplatypus like this.
  4. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    With your Amex Platinum, AC access is based on a flight on AA that day regardless of who ticketed it.

IPBrian, JohnDeere19 and DCtrAAveler like this.
  5. IPBrian

IPBrian Silver Member

Status Points:
    That got it! I put in my record locator into AA.com and now that flight shows up in my reservations! Thanks @thetravelabstract !

TheTravelAbstract and viguera like this.
  6. IPBrian

IPBrian Silver Member

Status Points:
    That was my understanding as well, but I wanted to make sure!

7. IPBrian

IPBrian Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thank you to everyone for your comments! Booking with BA on AA is a first for me, I really appreciate all the advise!

TheTravelAbstract likes this.