AA FAQ Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Tenmoc, Mar 21, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Tenmoc
    Original Member

Tenmoc Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wanted to try to keep the AA FAQ thread as clean as possible so I thought it would help to start a discussion thread for the FAQ.

Please post anything you feel should be included within the FAQ here. Post links to information, Ideas, Topics, etc.

I am only a Platinum with AA and certainly do not claim to know everything or even anything. I am looking to the experts to help here and get us a solid basis so we can start making sure the correct information is available on or via MilePoint.

The AA FAQ can be found here. http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/aa-faq.6711/

travelingmore likes this.
  2. Tenmoc
    Original Member

Tenmoc Gold Member

Status Points:
    Does anyone have anything else they'd like to see included? Or glaring omissions I've made so far?

Its a work in progress of course.

3. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Just out of curiousity can you provide a little more transparency on the process? I know in the main thread you mentioned that a few of you are working on things, but who are you, how are you collecting data, etc. It might give people more information so they feel comfortable chiming in.... :)

4. Tenmoc
    Original Member

Tenmoc Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sure. So far its been myself and Kaanapali discussing how to set it up.

I believe most/all of this should one day be in the wiki instead of a forum thread. The sticky for now will do.

The links provided are as factual as I can make out. I try in every time to link directly to AA, Oneworld, The partner's page, etc.

I am not trying to add a lot guesses or ideas to it. Facts is the only thing I'm after and as I said I believe this should be a stop gap until such time as the wiki is fully functional. Just trying to offer up real answers to those who come looking. I've even learned a bit while doing this.

neuatomic likes this.
  5. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Sounds great, hopefully it works out. I know there's a lot of good knowledge floating around here.

Two things I thought of:

In addition to the link you provided for lounge access, there's this tool that was create so you can input your data (where you're flying, your status, etc) and it will tell you if you qualify for lounge access. Might be helpful to some:

http://flyertools.kduarte.com/oneworld-lounge-access/

Also, there seem to be lots of questions specific to AA's services in the airport (will my airport have self check in, will my airport have priority access lines for elites, etc). Any thoughts on how to best add that element to the FAQ?

6. travelingmore
    Original Member

travelingmore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Tenmoc and Kaanapali - thanks very much for doing the AA FAQ/now Sticky ---- looks great!