AA EXP now auto applying upgrade list

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by flyforawg, Mar 31, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. flyforawg

flyforawg Silver Member

Status Points:
    Was informed that upgrade requests are now automatically applied for EXPs.

Was reviewing all my upcoming flights after the program merge; yes, my tin foil hat twitches a lot. I discovered a segment that was marked as upgrade requested. I did not request it and left it off specifically because I am traveling with other passengers who won't be upgrade eligible. Called in to ask that it be removed and was provided the explanation of why it had happened while taking care to remove me from the list.

MX and Counsellor like this.
  2. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    Same with me for a flight I had just after the weekend. Still, I'd prefer to have to "uncheck" the box once in a while as opposed to missing an upgrade by forgetting to double check a reservation.

flyforawg likes this.
  3. Seat6A

Seat6A Silver Member

Status Points:
    yeah, don't complain about upgrades please...

4. flyforawg

flyforawg Silver Member

Status Points:
    No complaints. Well one.

Turns out when I checked to see why the web site still had all upgrades requested, an AAngel told me all segments (4 total) had been removed. She added the ones I wanted back, but there's still a discrepancy between web and reality.

5. Seat6A

Seat6A Silver Member

Status Points:
    all of my recent reservations have included automatic upgrades without my requesting them. Six years too late but great to have.