AA Exec Plat flying on JetBlue for first time -- advice

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Nonprofitexecplat, Jun 21, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Hi all, newbie here. I'm flying on JetBlue tomorrow out of JFK (you can earn AA miles on some routes) for the first time. Any advice? Do they have priority lines at check-in? at TSA security? Any special treatment on board?

I have searched online and cannot find any details about the travel experience. Miles are great, but hope I get some of the usual exec plat comforts.
    Thank you for your responses

2. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    As far as I know, you get miles and that's it. Just RDM too, not EQM.

I haven't taken any of JetBlue flights, feel free to report back here and let us know how it goes! :D

3. ...Thank you DestinationDavid....will do. I'm torn between excitement and fear for what JetBlue will be like tomorrow. I love my AA....so this is pushing boundaries for me :) I'm enroute to my 5th year as exec plat (2012) and 1.4 million miles (flown) on AA

4. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Hopefully it all works out. Depending on how long your flight is, the inflight entertainment options will certainly be better.....

I see you just joined today. Welcome to MP, and hope to see you keep contributing to the AA Forum. :)

5. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Eloy Fonseca Neto Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've flown on JetBlue from MCO to JFK and They posted to my account both RDM and EQM/EQP!!! That has encourage me to use more JetBlue on Future Non-stops flights that AA lacks to offer on selected routes!!!

6. Travel2Food
    Original Member

Travel2Food Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've been flying B6 from DCA to Boston ever since AA dropped the route. I love B6 on that route & the E190/A320 compared to the ERJ that AA used to run. Service is good, flights are (generally) on time, and fares decent.

Doesn't diminish my use of AA one bit - AA is still preferred airline. In fact, earning AA miles on B6 is a huge plus.

No special TSA lines at either DCA or BOS for B6, but that's terminal dependent. B6 does not have an elite program. At least at DCA there are no nudie-scannners in the B6 terminal so the lines move reasonably well.

7. Tenmoc
    Original Member

Tenmoc Gold Member

Status Points:
    I took B6 in April from HPN to FLL. HPN being a complete mess aside, the actual B6 product I was not impressed with. They did put my wife and i together which was nice. The tv controls (of course an AA flyer will go for IFE) where in very bad shape. Very hard to change channels or volume. Was nice to have it, but it will not ever be a reason for me to fly them.

To me the biggest disappointment was the service. One FA was ok and the other was flat out miserable. Yes there are occasional bad apples still in the AA system, but over the past couple years service on AA has improved to where I consider it a benefit of flying with them. On B6 I do not.

I hope you have a great flight. I was not impressed.