AA eshopping miles fiasco

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by baller0960, Feb 27, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. baller0960

baller0960 New Member

Status Points:
    hey, i have been dealing with aa eshopping for months now tring to get my points for over a 5 figure order. They have been responding with all different types of messages , none that have helped me to retrieve these points, Im starting to feel like ill never see these points, which actually is seriouslly frustrating me. I cant tell u guys how much time i must have spent on this, trying to get for myself what is rightfully mine. If there is any ideas or any help i could get from u guys, I would really appreciate it ! Also, is there some kind of AA rep. that follows these threads that may be able to help ??....lemme know....thanks !

2. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    There is an AA rep who might contact you since they contacted me a month or so ago. I know how you feel since I had an order dated since late September that I'm waiting for as well... Good news was that I was contacted via phone from someone at AA corporate who apologized and said they will look into it further... If things don't get resolved by late March I will be frustrated and will never order again...

3. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wait what fiasco? :)

4. JNB280

JNB280 Silver Member

Status Points:
    OP, you forgot to close your post with "No wonder AA is in bankruptcy." NwAAb will suffice.

mikeef likes this.
  5. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Hey again, baller0960.

With regards to your AA rep question..... the AA Rep actually already responded to your issue in the thread you started about this issue last month. ;) They asked that you wait the 8 weeks and if no miles showed up, that you should contact them directly by sending them a private message here on MP so they could personally look into the issue for you. See information here: LINK. Sometimes the answer is looking you right in the face. :D

Good luck again and I do hope that things work out for you with AA's help.

mikeef and LarryInNYC like this.
  6. LarryInNYC

LarryInNYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    May I gently suggest that, if you're hoping this will be read and treated seriously by an AA rep here at Milepoint, that you might consider punctuating your sentences, spelling out all the words, and making use of the apostrophe where one is expected? This is, after all, a business communication.

7. gemac
    Original Member

gemac Silver Member

Status Points:
    On the other hand, if you just needed to vent, then no problem.

eshopping has had complaints about miles not posting for many years. Your experience seems to confirm that this is a hit or miss experience.

8. penumpang
    Original Member

penumpang Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm still waiting for miles from August and September 2011 to post. The words from Cartera, the company that runs the AA Shopping portal, are unreliable. After sending several emails and receiving "we'll post the miles soon," I feel like this company doesn't always keep their promises.

9. Ed74

Ed74 Active Member

Status Points:
    No wonder AA is in bankruptcy.

10. IkeEsq

IkeEsq Gold Member

Status Points:
    FTFY. :)

penumpang likes this.
  11. AmericanAirlines

AmericanAirlines Official Representative

Status Points:
    Sorry to hear this! Can you send us a PM with your AAdvantage number and transaction details? We'll look into this for you.