AA Elites get benefits on AS flights

Discussion in 'Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan' started by yaychemistry, Oct 27, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. yaychemistry

yaychemistry Silver Member

Status Points:
    A blog posting by Lucky, which references a post on the Traveling Better Forums states that:

AA Elites will get:

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/onemileatatime/2011/10/27/elite-benefit-reciprocity-to-be-announced-between-alaska-mileage-plan-and-american-aadvantage-next-week/

http://www.travelingbetter.com/foru...fa6020da9c392ac6b849bacc&p=36227&postcount=23

I'm reposting it here, hopefully to spur some discussion and wake up the AS forum!

2. dgreen12
    Original Member

dgreen12 Silver Member

Status Points:
    <<yawn>>

What was that you said?

yaychemistry likes this.
  3. yaychemistry

yaychemistry Silver Member

Status Points:
    :(

Anyway, hopefully this means that AS MVP's will get some sort of benefits on AA flights... then I might have a reason to try to earn status on AS while living on the east coast.

dgreen12 likes this.
  4. dgreen12
    Original Member

dgreen12 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Based on what I've heard and read, it's reciprocal. No upgrades for either, but given the AS/DL experience, that's not much of a real benefit anyway.

The opportunity for no baggage fees and preferred seating? Priceless.

yaychemistry likes this.
  5. tondoleo
    Original Member

tondoleo Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is wonderful news. My circumstances require more frequent travel on AS. I will not need to status match or attempt getting AS status under these circumstances. I will be happy with exit rows and free baggage.

6. RedTape
    Original Member

RedTape Silver Member

Status Points:
    great. more people clammoring for exit rows. Hopefully AA elites will have as much success with getting those as AS flyers have had getting upgrades on DL.

7. kw335
    Original Member

kw335 Silver Member

Status Points:
    SEA-based EXP here - I was wondering how do AA elites take advantage of the priority security and priority boarding? If I remember correctly, AS BP only shows the FF number but no mention of status or priority designation. Thanks!

8. tondoleo
    Original Member

tondoleo Gold Member

Status Points:
    I flash my aa platinum card and the TSA folks direct me to the better line. When boarding the plane I do the same.