AA Elite Membership

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by impsycho, Mar 13, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. impsycho

impsycho Silver Member

Status Points:
    I haven't received my elite membership card yet. I've emailed and AA called and stated they would resend but it's been about 2-1/2 weeks. A friend has experienced the same problem.

Anyone else and has it been resolved?

Travelsavant likes this.
  2. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm still waiting for my new card from requalifying in November. I e-mailed on Feb 19 and they called me two days later saying it would be 3-5 weeks for the new card to get to me. They cited system issues on the message they left for me.

weinskkb, Travelsavant and impsycho like this.
  3. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Waiting since Dec too. Should call I guess.

Travelsavant likes this.
  4. FriendlySkies
    Original Member

FriendlySkies Gold Member

Status Points:
    Been waiting since December, and imagine I'll keep waiting. One agent suggested this is happening due to their AAdvantage system upgrade..

weinskkb and Travelsavant like this.
  5. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I reached platinum from gold in December but did not receive my new kit. I did call and was told a request was entered for my new card to be sent, but nothing has appeared since that call in January. I'm overseas now so don't know if it has arrived since March 3rd. I've never had a problem because of not having the card, so I'm not bothered. Clubs just check your boarding pass.

Travelsavant likes this.
  6. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Current status cards are generally not ever required for domestic travel. HOWEVER some International clubs in particular contract clubs will require you produce it.

In addition BA clubs, (LHR the main offenders) who in general seem to want to find any reason they can to deny you entry often insist on seeing the physical piece of plastic.

Travelsavant and flyforawg like this.
  7. Betty Boop

Betty Boop Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am ExPlt again this year and have not re I eves anything buy as long as the web site has it I don't worry. Wouldn't carry the card even if I had one.

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

basiface and Travelsavant like this.
  8. zphelj

zphelj Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've been denied access to certain foreign clubs without producing the card so I carry mine. I'd think the app works though.

9. brodyf

brodyf Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've been denied access to BA clubs without my card, even when I've produced a boarding pass that say EXP and OneWorld emerald. The rules say you must produce the card, and for some guard dogs that means you damn well better show the plastic card.

10. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    Received my card yesterday. I qualified about 2 weeks prior to the end of the year. Don't recall the last time I wasn't EXP, but I think it was 2007.

11. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    Absolutely correct, at least in my experience.

I had not received my 2014 Platinum (Sapphire) card by the end of February (when the 2013 one expired) and called. Got a tired tap-dance, and a promise to request a card be sent "expeditiously" but an honest aside that it probably would take three weeks to a month. Have to go international next week, and hope my old card will still work, since it shows lifetime status (2MMiler).

Really, it shouldn't be that hard . . . it isn't like the need to send out new cards at the end of the year comes as a great surprise or anything.

12. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I remember one year that UA just sent us stickers to place over our expiring membership cards until they could get the new ones out. Surprised someone at AA didn't think of that. Mailing a sticker with an AA logo and "expires Feb 2015" could be done a lot more expeditiously that putting out a bid for plastic membership cards that still are not showing up.

weinskkb and Counsellor like this.
  13. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    In a further effort to save the airlines money, future procedures will be as follows:

1. Customers will be directed to an office supply store to buy Avery labels. If the labels are purchased through the respective airline's shopping portal, bonus miles will be award.

2. Customer will then be eligible to participate in a special elite program whereby they print a new sticker for the front of their elite card.

We hope you enjoy the new enhancements.

zpaul, Garp74, weinskkb and 1 other person like this.
  14. Betty Boop

Betty Boop Gold Member

Status Points:
    Haha. Pretty funny. But also perhaps possible!

15. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    Look for this in a UA newsletter coming soon. DL likely to have elites leaving due to new revenue-based enhancements, so they may not need as any cards as in previous years.

alfagirl, brodyf and Betty Boop like this.
  16. davef139

davef139 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I got comped exp for 3months for trial at end of Jan, I got a card day after I got home from Ausmegado so Feb 27th, Granted its valid till only May

17. Horhay25

Horhay25 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I received mine just like in all previous years. No delay.

18. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Postal carrier just delivered mine 2 mins ago, only 4 months after requalifying in November, 2013. Hope they do better when I requalify again later this year. Might come in handy when I fly home from Seoul next week and try to get into the Cathay F lounge.

weinskkb likes this.
  19. FriendlySkies
    Original Member

FriendlySkies Gold Member

Status Points:
    Received my card today.

20. DCtrAAveler
    Original Member

DCtrAAveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    Received mine on Friday.

21. zpaul

zpaul Gold Member

Status Points:
    Received my card as usual upon requalification, and I do carry it in my passport holder - I think it only makes sense when traveling internationally to have the physical card on me. Of course, when I needed it at LHR in February, it ended up in my checked luggage. While it was a battle, I was able to use my digital AA card downloaded to Passbook for lounge access. I kind of bent the truth and told them that AA was moving away from physical cards and I "elected" to carry a digital card...I got a few weird looks (I'm sure anything like that would be communicated immediately to all partner lounges!) but I got in after 10 minutes of back-and-forth.

ballardFlyer likes this.
  22. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Called AA CS to ask about my exp pack and they said my card was shipped in Jan. Uh, ok. So they are sending a new one and it will arrive within 5 weeks now.

23. elyeyo

elyeyo New Member

Status Points:
    I have been waiting for mine for several months now. Last year I had to travel extensively and in a few months quickly accrued miles for gold, platinum and EP. I have not received a single card! I have called CS many times and get a different answer every call. We have tried different addresses (Mexico and the US) and still no luck.
    It is good to hear others are receiving heir cards, and they are particularly useful overseas.

24. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well finally got my 2014 exp card today in August. 4-6 weeks - rigghhhttt.

jmjgp12 likes this.
  25. FormalHall

FormalHall Active Member

Status Points:
    I have has a 10 minute wait at LHR as well while the BA lounge staff calls the airline (in my case, CX) to confirm my status! They were very nice about it though and apologetic for the hold up. Given the lounges are very busy, I appreciate it that they check things closely, but what would happen if they couldn't get the other airline on the phone, which is quite likely given time zones.

zpaul likes this.