AA Elite Customer Relations

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by ord_a380, Dec 1, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. ord_a380

ord_a380 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Does anyone have the email address to email the elite desks for travel complaints from a recent trip? Thanks

2. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Eloy Fonseca Neto Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't know if there is a direct email channel, but I know you can get in touch with them via the Contact AA Button on the AA's Website, and then click on Customer Relations, and then Email AA!

3. malikguy

malikguy Silver Member

Status Points:
    The best thing to do is call your Elite desk and ask for customer relations. As long as you call during their business hours, Mon-Fri, 8 to 5 (I think), they will transfer you to a live Customer Relations agent. This is an Elite benefit. :)

4. LookingAhead

LookingAhead Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you email them, you can request a response. Generally speaking, you will be comp'd some miles (more often than not). Also, a written submission can be more easily understood and acted upon if need be. If you talk to them, they will just jot down a summary - I doubt they can take dictation from you....

5. malikguy

malikguy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Recently called in and complained about a delayed flight and received a $200 travel eVoucher on the spot.

miles and smiles likes this.
  6. JonNYC
    Original Member

JonNYC Silver Member

Status Points:
    Can't say how/if/when it may have changed but this is from very early 2011-- at which time -not- all member were entitled to telephone transfer to CR:

perryplatypus likes this.
  7. anabolism
    Original Member

anabolism Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi Jon,

I thought that meant that all elite members can be transferred, but that for 4- and 5-eagles the EXP desk will stay on the line until the CR rep is there and then tell the CSR agent the information, while for lower eagles the EXP desk just transfers the caller into the queue. Maybe I misinterpreted "warm transfer?"

8. JonNYC
    Original Member

JonNYC Silver Member

Status Points:
    I actually never saw that explanation/version before-- where did you see that?

9. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Eloy Fonseca Neto Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've always been curious! Does anyone knows where these eagles come from?

malikguy likes this.
  10. anabolism
    Original Member

anabolism Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's just how I interpret the phrase "warm transfer." If they'd just said "transfer" I'd assume your interpretation, but since they said "warm transfer" I figured they were distinguishing from a "cold transfer."

You made me curious if I was off-base, so I dig up an MIT guide to VoIP, which isn't exactly definitive for AA, but it does define warm and cold transfers as I assumed. See "Transferring a Call" on the link:

11. anabolism
    Original Member

anabolism Gold Member

Status Points:
    I always assumed they were actual eagle icons that popped up on screen when an agent was handling our account, but that's just my assumption.

12. JonNYC
    Original Member

JonNYC Silver Member

Status Points:
    That's interesting-- and I bet applies in this case. Thing is, AFAIK, the option with AA might be "warm transfer" for eligible members vs. "no transfer" ("please submit via AA.com") in some cases.

13. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Having worked as a corporate trainer for a company with large call centers, I can confirm that all curriculum I taught and created used the definitions of warm and cold transfer that appear in the MIT guide you linked.

I cannot confirm whether AA offers a cold transfer vs. no transfer for lower level Eagle ratings though. :)

anabolism likes this.