AA Eagle baggage fees for One World Elites

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Gaucho, Mar 30, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    According to the Argentine website for American Airlines, for domestic flights with-in the USA there will be charges for checked bags... however, there appears to be an exception for OW elites, including for the lowly Ruby level members. From what Im reading, it appears that as long as Im a Ruby on OW, I can check 2 (two) bags at no cost... normally there is a $25 charge for the first bag and a $35 charge for the second bag, but both these fees are waived for OW Ruby members. Can someone confirm this...?

Furthermore... I cant seem to find any specific wording for the baggage allowances for American Eagle flights.... and Im looking to fly CRP to DFW to BTR on flights that are 100% operated by American Eagle... am I safe to assume that the same baggage rules apply also to these Eagle Flights..??

Thanks,
    Alex

perryplatypus likes this.
  2. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Looks like OW Ruby gets waived bag fees according to AA.com. AE uses the same baggage allowances as AA except your carry-on may need to be gate checked.

perryplatypus and Gaucho like this.
  3. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks David !!! :cool:

4. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just as a follow up.... another example of the very different levels of training that AA reps have... I was on the phone with AA in EZE today and asked about this... their answer was, yes, 2 bags free on AA but this does not apply to American Eagle..... :mad:

I quoted the AA.com website... but they said no..... I got pissed off and asked for a supervisor.... 10 minutes on hold, got a supervisor and yes... they finally confirmed that the above info posted by David is correct.

Glad Im here to know the facts when I call AA..... ;)

perryplatypus likes this.
  5. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    FFer motto - Hang up and call again. ;)

Gaucho and perryplatypus like this.
  6. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Amen to that !!!!