AA dropping BOI service on MQ from LAX on 2/9

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by DestinationDavid, Nov 30, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    LINK.

Never took this flight but sad to see it go. BOI was on my list of places to see and I wanted to use AA to get there.

2. demkr
    Original Member

demkr Silver Member

Status Points:
    This one sure did not last for long.

3. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't see how AA/MQ would have had a chance in this market. It's a thin market to begin with, but most people in BOI will be loyal to either AS/QX or to UA - or to SWA, but even SWA are dropping flights there. Plus UA and AS/QX have better connecting options via DEN, SFO & SEA than AA via LAX.

4. Photonerd71

Photonerd71 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've been to Boise....you are not missing much. ;)

5. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    As a city? Maybe. But as a place to go out and see some natural sights? I've heard it's pretty good.

kansaskeith likes this.
  6. kansaskeith

kansaskeith Gold Member

Status Points:
    Respectfully disagree, particularly regarding (as David has already said in a follow post) the surrounding environs. Hope David is able to get there somehow, some way. Years ago when I was on a quest to have visited all 50 states, Idaho was the last one I hit, flying up to BOI from a connection in DEN on some then-Friendly-Skies outfit. It may have been short of a "grand finale" to all 50 states in the July-4 fireworks sense of the term, but it was a very nice, enjoyable trip.

7. Photonerd71

Photonerd71 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've been to Idaho many times (I drive a truck for a living) and the whole southern part of ID is pretty bland and boring in my opinion. Just lots of potato fields from Boise to Twin Falls over to Pocatello and Idaho Falls. Now if you head north from Boise and follow the snake river..not bad. And of course Cour d' Alene is wonderful. (but flying into Spokane is much easier).