AA: DFW-LAX-BOS-LAX-DFW - $417

Discussion in 'Mileage Runs/Travel Hacking' started by malikguy, Jan 22, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. malikguy

malikguy Silver Member

Status Points:
    I stumbled across this fare while trying to see if I would be able to price out an MR to take advantage of the LAX / BOS sale and stumbled across this multi-city fare. Not bad, have a look!

7,729 miles for $416.50 @ 5.4 CPM

or if you are elite (guaranteed minimums)

8,042 miles for $416.50 @ 5.2 CPM

untitled.JPG

rharrigill and funtrainsf like this.
  2. funtrainsf

funtrainsf Silver Member

Status Points:
    I like this. I get double EQM (targeted offer just now via email). Hmmmmmmm

malikguy likes this.
  3. scotty00
    Original Member

scotty00 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think this is a pretty horrible MR, or fare, for that matter. Clearly $416 to fly DFW-BOS is way too high, as is any MR that is substantially over 5cpm (especially this early in the year when people aren't in a rush to requalify).

4. malikguy

malikguy Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm confused as I'm not sure how 5.2 CPM is substantially over 5 CPM. :confused:

5. funtrainsf

funtrainsf Silver Member

Status Points:
    The run above requires 2 nights in LAX and a day off work.

I've held DFW-BOS-LAX-BOS-DFW for $100 more same day turn for 2/9. With the DEQM I got it's only 3.09 CPM for 8,345 EQM. Still looking for something better without going too crazy; long year ahead.

6. malikguy

malikguy Silver Member

Status Points:
    I can definitely understand that, but for those that enjoy the longer layovers and overnight stays, it would work for them. I'd personally do it. :) It doesn't necessarily mean the MR is a bad run as scotty00 stated.

funtrainsf likes this.
  7. funtrainsf

funtrainsf Silver Member

Status Points:
    Oh totally agree with you Malik. Don't know where Scotty is coming from. These days, 5.2 CPM ain't half bad. I have other constraints that don't allow me the luxury of that flight or similar where a day off of work is needed as well as the whole weekend. I'm on your side!

8. OceanBreezes

OceanBreezes Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the lead. Mileage runs out of DFW are tough - especially when traveling only on the weekend. I was not able to get this fare given the dates I could travel, but good enough for a weekend adventure.

malikguy likes this.
  9. malikguy

malikguy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Agreed, doesn't it suck to be smack dab in the middle of the country?? :p Where's the transcon love?

OceanBreezes and funtrainsf like this.
  10. funtrainsf

funtrainsf Silver Member

Status Points:
    Currently ending the first leg of this bad boy. Crossing fingers that upgrades come for the rest of the segments (DFW-BOS was only one confirmed). Expertflyer shows anywhere from 2-4 on all the rest of the segments, so I like my chances. Smooth day for flying today; not a bump on this flight.

11. funtrainsf

funtrainsf Silver Member

Status Points:
    BOS-LAX: upgraded; LAX-BOS: second on list and didn't get upgraded (was in MCE, which was fine). Final leg coming up; first on list for BOS-DFW.

druiddation and malikguy like this.
  12. funtrainsf

funtrainsf Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well.. had DFW-BOS-LAX-BOS-DFW planned for this weekend again. Today came the cancellation with the pending storm in New England. Nicely called EXP desk and a full refund was made to my credit card. Kinda bummed about not getting some double miles. Can't find anything to replace on short notice. :-(

druiddation likes this.
  13. malikguy

malikguy Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was just started a thread about this weekends cancellations. My DFW / LGA flight is still scheduled, but my gut feeling is it gets cancelled. Sorry you couldn't make the awesome run again. :(

funtrainsf likes this.