AA DFW-HKG on 773

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by jmjgp12, Sep 9, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. jmjgp12

jmjgp12 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Headed to HKG from DFW on the new route and am currently allocated seats in MCE - Outbound flight should still have a few J seats and I am on the upgrade list but the return is at full capacity , With the upgrade chances looking slim to none at this time I was wondering if anyone had taken the flight and how comfortable they felt in MCE on this exciting 14+ hour journey.

Any thoughts or feedback is greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

marcwint55 likes this.
  2. phuucnguyen

phuucnguyen Silver Member

Status Points:
    The bad news is the flight was pretty long almost 17 hours. MCE should be fine, especially if no middle seat taken. But the food was small and borderline inedible. Bring snacks with you and you should be fine.

jmjgp12 and marcwint55 like this.
  3. DCtrAAveler
    Original Member

DCtrAAveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    Did the outbound leg in MCE over labor day weekend. Was comfortable in row 16 with the middle seat open, but got very cold by the door. Food was edible if not memorable. Didn't feel the need to break into my emergency Clif bars. Not sure I'd have been as comfortable not being in the exit row - it was nice to be able to get up as needed/wanted and walk forward without disturbing neighbors. The seat was comfortable enough, and pulling my backpack down to use as a footrest helped with sleeping. Close quarters, so not sure I'd have done as well with the middle occupied. Biggest issue was temperature. Worst for me at the door, but even the gentleman in the aisle seat was bundled in a blanket the entire flight.

jmjgp12 and marcwint55 like this.
  4. jmjgp12

jmjgp12 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thank you for the replays - I am still hoping/praying at this point that something moves and we clear on the outbound for a bit more comfort but at least we have HKG waiting on the other end! Cheers!