AA > CX transit in YYZ?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by NYC_Gal, Oct 26, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. NYC_Gal
    Original Member

NYC_Gal Silver Member

Status Points:
    Will 2 hours be enough flying AA from US into YYZ, and then transfer to the after CX flight to Asia? Flying in the winter, so I'm factoring in the weather element....

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  2. Rob
    Original Member

Rob Gold Member

Status Points:
    I flew ORD-YYZ-HKG with a 1hr 45min layover in YYZ before the 1:40am departure. It was just enough as I had a) a 20 minute delay arriving and b) a 45 minute wait for my checked bags. Immigration was no trouble, but I was the last person dropping my bags off at CX check-in upstairs (no one was at the bag re-check downstairs). Had maybe 5 minutes in the lounge before boarding.

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  3. ord_a380

ord_a380 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Depends. What time you arriving into YYZ? 2 hours should be enough, but rem you need to clear immigration, grab your bags if you had any checked in and re-check them.. If you are coming in late at night you should be good for immigration. Do pad some time for the winter as Chicago and NYC based flights are always delayed into YYZ...

Overall you should be fine....

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  4. ord_a380

ord_a380 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was going to say the same thing.. I didnt have checked bags, but i was delayed 30/45 mins from Chicago trying to connect to this flight...

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  5. tw116
    Original Member

tw116 Gold Member

Status Points:
    At that time, you should have no problem. As long as you arrive somewhat on time i would think you would be fine.

6. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    I believe both AA and CX fly out of terminal 3 - so you will not be burdened with changing terminals.