AA Customer Service does right!

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by perryplatypus, Mar 3, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. perryplatypus

perryplatypus Gold Member

Status Points:
    I called AA a couple days ago to see if they would post my DEQ11 miles early so I would be flying Gold this weekend. The agent said she could not get the miles to post early but was able to put an exception on my account and flag it as Gold. So today flying to LAX I put in for the upgrade request figuring I had no shot of getting it. To the shock of the GA there were no Ex Plat or Plat on my flight! Scored a 1st Class seat! What a great start to Platypus Day. On the other side of the coin AA also called me yesterday and cancelled my SFO MR I was going to do this morning. The 2 flights after were booked and I had to cancel the cheap flight and rebook later in the month at a higher price. I hope AA will give me the exception again when I get to the edge of Platinium!

2. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Congratulations. That is the kind of service I am getting accustomed to with AA.

CharlesG and sobore like this.
  3. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Always nice to hear good experiences on an airline you fly. :cool:

CharlesG likes this.
  4. sukn
    Original Member

sukn Silver Member

Status Points:
    Saturdays are the least elite heavy days of the week. Anyone who wants improved upgrade chances should travel on that day.

CharlesG, chaz4449 and sobore like this.
  5. perryplatypus

Status Points:
    Thanks for the tip. How are late weekday evening flights for upgrades. Like wed/Thursday 8pm and later flights

CharlesG likes this.
  6. sukn
    Original Member

sukn Silver Member

Status Points:
    For lower tiers, I would choose Tue/Wed late flights over Thu since on Thu you get a lot of the Mon-Thu consultant traffic going homeward bound and you're heading into Friday (long weekend traffic). Not to mention, Friday is a difficult day for upgrades for everyone.

CharlesG and DestinationDavid like this.
  7. FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
    Original Member

FlyMeToTheLooneyBin Silver Member

Status Points:
    Monday mornings and Thursday nights get lots of regulars, mostly EXP. As an EXP, it's sometimes down to the last few seats before I get upgraded.

Congratulations on your successful upgrade on Platypus Day!

CharlesG likes this.
  8. PhlyingRPh
    Original Member

PhlyingRPh Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have found AA's telephone customer service to be almost always excellent. I recall that being the case during years I had no status, or any level of status. They nearly always go far out of their way to fix you.

CharlesG likes this.
  9. perryplatypus

Status Points:
    Thanks to both you guys for the tips!