AA Credit card

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by charliep, Sep 2, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. charliep

charliep Active Member

Status Points:
    So, is it worth it to get the new AA Citi Executive credit card? 450 a year and you only get miles the first year. We fly American 90% of the time, need to get lots of miles next year, want to reach 1MM and need 300K.

NYBanker and JohnDeere19 like this.
  2. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you don't think you can make it before the new rules are implemented, then this isn't a terrible way to do it!

3. Jimmy28

Jimmy28 Silver Member

Status Points:
    You only get Lifetime Gold/Plat miles next year. After that you still earn the miles, they just don't qualify for LT status any more.

LETTERBOY likes this.
  4. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Here's a link to the thread that was started when AA released the card. It's got about 2 pages of comments from MPers going over the pros and cons of the card, so it might help you evaluate its relative value to you (keeping in mind Jimmy28's comment about which miles do and do not count for LT status in the next few years).

LINK.

I also see that you joined the site yesterday. Let me just say welcome to MP and that I hope you find it useful and stick around. :)

5. Lighthouse
    Original Member

Lighthouse Gold Member

Status Points:
    Given the new special status of this card with regard to lifetime miles this post on the aforementioned link takes on increasing importance. I would encourage AA to rethink their position on this and their relationship with some of their most loyal customers.

6. charliep

charliep Active Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, trying to figure out things now that it gets harder to earn those miles.

7. MyTravels
    Original Member

MyTravels Silver Member

Status Points:
    Why post the exact same thing in two separate threads?