AA Confirms DFW-UIO Service

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Pizzaman, Jul 28, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    I thought I recalled hearing about this at some point, but it looks confirmed now:

http://airlineroute.net/2015/07/27/aa-dfwuio-dec15/

The surprising thing to me was the plan to service with an A319. Then I looked up on the Scarebus website and they listed range of 3,750 nm? Didn't realize that.

daninstl, zpaul and timfrost like this.
  2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yup...the 319 has the longest range of the A320 family aircraft. I'm surprised this wasn't already running, honestly.

daninstl and zpaul like this.
  3. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    They are using those on most flights to/from MDE now, too. In a way, I'm glad. The 737-800s they were using exclusively (and now occasionally) always ended up being a game of musical chairs up front, as those being upgraded as couples begged people to move around to accommodate them. I always buy my seat as early as I know my schedule so I can select the seat I want. Now I almost always get to keep it guilt-free.

IME, the percentage of Latinos who pay for premium cabin seats is incredibly small. That's why the UG percentages were always so high on CM when they were still part of M+. I have not flown them this month since they launched ConnectMiles, but as a Presidential Platinum, I know I'm a lock on almost any route I fly.

I think AA is wise to run the A319s to places where they will be giving away more J seats than they sell. If MDE and PTY can't sell out J, UIO seems even less likely to do so. While Gringos fill some of the seats, the majority is almost always Latino. I live in Medellin and love the culture, so no slight is intended by my remarks. It's just reality.

daninstl, zpaul and Newscience like this.
  4. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    I thought I had read this was kicking off earlier. Any old who, it's on my list of places to go, though I'd at least hope it was the new 319 seats and not an old US bird for a 5-ish hour flight.

daninstl, zpaul and flyforawg like this.
  5. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    I would certainly burn a SWU for this route if it was the new seats. That being said, I usually don't use all my SWUs on a yearly basis.

daninstl likes this.