AA.com / AAdvantage Account login down?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Mike Reed, Nov 3, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    Seems like the AAdvantage logins are down now. Mine, my wife's and my daughter's account all show:

We have locked access to your account for security purposes. Please click the Forgot/Need Password link below, or contacttAA.com Web Services for assistance.

Actually trying to change the password via the link results in a "name mismatch" error, which I know isn't the case since my KTN is also in my record. Looks like a system problem... which I noticed trying to sign up for AATHX.

2. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yep. Attempts to use "Forgot Password" now show:

Error
    [​IMG]

System Error [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This feature is currently unavailable. Please wait a few moments and try again. If you require immediate assistance:
    For help with an existing reservation,
    please call Reservations at 1-800-433-7300

3. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have been having a problem with my password not working for a couple of weeks now. Every time I get a temporary, then it takes me to a place to reset my password, I save it and get logged in, then the next time I try to log in I get the same thing.

As of last night, however, I can't even see anything below the header. So I can now log in, but I just can't do anything. It is not a big deal to me, as I was just checking to see if my "miles with no expiration date" had been converted to "miles expiring XX/XX/XXXX" with the 25% bonus they promised. I know that is going to happen in November, but can't remember what day in November.

4. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    AA's announcement only said that the conversion would begin on Nov 1, it didn't give a specific date nor time frame in which it would be completed though. If they updated that message with more info, I haven't seen anything though.

5. impsycho

impsycho Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm glad it's not only my account.

6. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    After posting here, I tried to login again just to see what the current status was. Now I can't get in... Again!

We have locked access to your account for security purposes. Please click the Forgot/Need Password link below, or contact AA.com Web Services for assistance.

7. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    Then I tried to get a new pw and got this....

[​IMG]

8. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    That looks more like an issue with your computer than an AA.com issue. Like others, I cannot access my account (not odd, it happens often enough for various reason), but the inability to properly load the page is probably related to your computer and the software its running.

9. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    New iMac running Chrome. Same results on my new MacBook Pro running Firefox.

10. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Hmmm, everyone else seems to have the page load just fine, and only has access issues with their password, and it only started tonight. Your page loading started yesterday and seems isolated to you. I'd still say that seems like an issue with your computer and software vs. an AA.com problem unless others also cannot load the page properly.

11. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    And AA.com now works fine with me, account access and all. :)

12. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    As it does now for me, too. Definitely an IT issue for AA. I'm logged in on both Macs now with no password reset.

13. anabolism
    Original Member

anabolism Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've been having issues where the OneWorld RTW planner doesn't load properly in Chrome. On at least one computer (my iMac), telling Chrome to delete all cookies, cache, and saved state fixed it. Worth a try.

14. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Today, after logging in, the "My Reservations" area has been hung loading for 60 seconds and now shows "You currently have no reservations" instead of showing my 6 upoming trips.

The "My Account" part is working and it shows my mileage details, etc.

Its been this way for 15 minutes - more AA.com troubles I assume.

I wish they could invest in a modern web CMS and IT infrastructure.

perryplatypus likes this.
  15. perryplatypus

perryplatypus Gold Member

Status Points:
    They would but they are saving that money for the pilots :rolleyes:

16. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    No... No.... No.... The problem is with your computer. The answers preceded your problem. Just scroll up and see.

I often have to do that with certain websites. For me, PayPal is the number one problem on Chrome. That would have been the next course of action if my computer hadn't fixed itself. ;)

anabolism likes this.
  17. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    You're not the only one, seeing people complaining on Facebook and Twitter about this same issue. It's currently working for me but is very sluggish and displays the error message in addition to all my reservations.

18. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Eloy Fonseca Neto Silver Member

Status Points:
    My Account is having issues either, all my reservations are gone and early today I wasn't able to login.

19. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    My account went from uneffected, to a weird error message with all my reservations showing, to having all my reservations plus 5 extra reservations from someone else, to displaying correctly, to now showing no reservations.

You gotta love AA's regular website outages. Every three/four weeks it's all screwy. :confused:

20. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Site seems to be back, running normally. My reservations are all now showing except they've now all lost the unique names I've given them. Also, seems like there are now new icons for the seat map. The green/purple scheme is out and a new icon with a "$" has appeared.

21. LETTERBOY
    Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Status Points:
    Kind of like Boarding Area? :D

Back on topic, I've been able to login to my AAdvantage account for the past few days with no problem.

22. bucketlist
    Original Member

bucketlist Silver Member

Status Points:
    Reservations missing yesterday, back today.

Called yesterday, told of problems loading (reloading?) reservations into the system, but they were still there and could be accessed by putting in the Res. Number or PNR. Point is that even tho they don't show up in your account, they're still there, you just have to search for 'em.

23. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I don't think anyone actually thinks their reservations are missing. They're just annoyed that AA hasn't gotten their act together on this issue after several days. I'm usually pretty even-handed with AA, but this has annoyed me quite a bit, particularly when my renamed reservations revert back to the departing airport/next airport naming convention.

LETTERBOY likes this.
  24. anabolism
    Original Member

anabolism Gold Member

Status Points:
    Indeed! I went through quite a bit of pain to rename them. I have a lot of reservations and the rename ability is very handy, but the only way I've found to rename reservations made by AA phone or by travel agents is cumbersome: run the AA app on my iPod or iPhone, select "More -> AA.com," select "full HTML" at the bottom, review the reservation, select "my flights" tab on the bottom, select the reservation, click "rename" if enabled. If not enabled, close app, relaunch and repeat.

Gargoyle likes this.
  25. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I have the same issue with phone issued tickets, but there's a "rename" button right in the app that I use. Very easy.