AA Changing Flight Numbers In Anticipation of US Merger

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by DestinationDavid, May 8, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Should note that despite the clearly false information in the last sentence regarding the lack of a decision on which name to keep after a merger, the information on the flight numbers is indeed correct.

LINK.

American Airlines is changing flight numbers as one of the steps in its proposed merger with US Airways.
    The change will be rolled out beginning June 12 with American Eagle and ExpressJet flight numbers.

jbcarioca likes this.
  2. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I find this bit interesting considering the expensive re-branding AA recently performed and is still rolling out. Surely they wouldn't spend all that money just to re-brand again to USAir; then again, we've seen major corporate spending waste before.

jbcarioca likes this.
  3. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    In my post I note that the information in the last sentence, the one you just quoted, is incorrect. They have announced and both carriers' merger pages state they will be keeping the AA name. ;)

jbcarioca and LETTERBOY like this.
  4. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Eloy Fonseca Neto Silver Member

Status Points:
    I hope they do, but strange things can happen! Just saying...

jbcarioca likes this.
  5. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    There's always a "maybe" till a decision is made, but I'm not sure that opportunity is viable on this topic.

One is an internationally recognized and often respected aviation brand, the other is US Airways. Guess which I'd bet my money on? ;)

6. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    You're right, and I'm reminded that I read too fast sometimes. :rolleyes:

jbcarioca and DestinationDavid like this.
  7. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    No worries, I actually did the exact same thing this morning somewhere else. More coffee for everyone!

jbcarioca and MSYgirl like this.
  8. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    If only I drank coffee... :confused:

jbcarioca and flyforawg like this.
  9. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Status Points:

Me too, I agree with you a 100%, but there is always a very super tiny chance that things can get another direction.

jbcarioca and malikguy like this.
  10. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    Why do you keep holding on to this hope? Is there something you have against the American brand, or are you like this 'in real life' too? "There's always a very super tiny chance a unicorn will urinate mountain dew into a sippy cup for me this morning!" "There's always a very super tiny chance a leprechaun will retire and give me his job hiding gold this morning!"

Both companies have given a stated direction. Given that a merger is going to require a single company name, you can bet that all the documentation, regulatory filings, etc. are being prepared, filed, etc. with that company's name: American Airlines.

11. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Status Points:

LOL, You made me laugh so hard. In Brasil we have a say: "In our lives even the past is uncertain, so how could we expect something certain for the future?"

I prefer the AA Brand, I love American Airlines, and even so you pointed Non-possible situations on your statement, there is a small probability for things take other ways, I know they are extremely low, but not zero like the sentences you used above. And I was just pointing that out, not making any forecasts or sorts of things.

Once again it is not my opinion that AA Brand will disappear, but I just wrote here that there is a chance, almost zero, but not zero, for this to go other way, and you guys should try to respect that, because even it´s improbable it´s not impossible and you all know that!

12. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I don't think anyone disagrees with the sentiment, there's just disagreement about how improbable it is. There's room for everyone's opinion here, it's what makes MP lively and social. :)

jbcarioca and flyforawg like this.
  13. LETTERBOY
    Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Status Points:
    The media printed info that wasn't true?!?!?! :eek::eek::eek: What has this world come to?! :D

jbcarioca and DestinationDavid like this.
  14. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    I really, really need to get to Brasil one of these days... I like that culture!

jbcarioca likes this.
  15. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Yes, you should! AA has a bunch of flights to Brasil right now, and soon LAX and ORD to GRU! It's a great Mileage Run! ;)

16. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes you should. Eloy and I will help you understand that we are citizens of a country that lives by the Infinite Improbability Principle. Douglas Adams thought he invented that, but it's really ours. :D

17. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

TheBeerHunter Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just did one of those last weekend. ;)

jbcarioca and Eloy Fonseca Neto like this.