AA changed sticker coding?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by olmangsr, Dec 2, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. olmangsr

olmangsr Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sorry in advance if that should have been posted in the credit card forums...

So the other day i bought a couple of 500 mile upgrades hoping i'll be lucky enough getting reimbursed from amex using my $200 platinum " incidental fees".unfortunately looks like that won't happen...
    AA coded it as TRAVEL-AIRLINE,the day i bought it became the departure date,even got an e-ticket number

What are your thoughts?anyone got those reimbursed recently?
    Another question that came to my mind :since it looks like an etix would it qualify for 3X MR points with a PR Gold card?

aa.png

marcwint55 likes this.
  2. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    I thought this is how it had always come up. I've had good luck getting these reimbursed buying them one at a time. Let us know if that happens.

marcwint55 likes this.
  3. olmangsr

olmangsr Silver Member

Status Points:
    i did a couple of "tests"...bought 6 , then 2 x 1 .fingers crossed:)

marcwint55 likes this.
  4. Bobtray

Bobtray Silver Member

Status Points:
    You could just call AMEX and ask, saying you thought they would be reimbursed. Worse thing, they say no.

marcwint55 likes this.
  5. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    Except that the terms say not valid for upgrades, but anecdotally they've been reimbursed in the past. Hence the wonder about a change in how they post.

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

marcwint55 likes this.
  6. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:

next time try buying aa gift cards at $50.00 each over a period of several days and use the gift cards to pay for the upgrade certs. I have always been reimbursed on the gift card purchases.

Mike Reed likes this.
  7. dayone
    Original Member

dayone Silver Member

Status Points:
    My bet is that you'll get reimbursed.

8. No, I don't think so, Last Five months ago, I traveled in American Airways from California to Paris. At that time, Ticket coding was same.

9. olmangsr

olmangsr Silver Member

Status Points:
    as of now I got reimbursed for the 2 single stickers but not for 6 that i bought together.i'll wait a couple of days and if I don't get it back i'll send them a DM...