AA cancels routes to HNL?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by LC_Ohana, Jul 20, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Just saw on this site that AA is cancelling the SFO-HNL non-stop flight in Sept 2011. I also just heard they are cancelling the ORD-HNL flight as well. Can anyone confirm this, and when will AA discontinue this flight?

2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to MP.

I assume that SFO-HNL isn't just a seasonal suspension? Have you tried to make a dummy booking, perhaps there's coverage by a partner such as Alaska?

3. Thank you, MSPeconomist~

I did learn that it is a schedule adjustment from ORD to 3 days a week (TUE, WED & THU), starting on Aug 23. And on Dec 15 they will start flying everyday again. For San Franciscto to Honolulu - No service starting on September 7 and I don't see that being reinstated.

Thank you again for your help!

4. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Seriously, I think Alaska serves this route and they are a partner of AA, even though they're not in oneworld. They also fly to Hawaiian destinations from other West Coast major airports. One of the Hawaiian carriers might also partner with AA.

Depending on your starting location, have you looked for flights through DFW or from major East Coast stations for AA, such as MIA, JFK, BOS?