AA Boots Passenger For Not Moving Out of the Aisle

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by KenInEscazu, Oct 16, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    My personal experience since switching from UA to AA about this time last year has been that AA has a people problem. While it is certainly not universal, my small sample of about 100 segments has resulted in a higher percentage of control freaks among their customer facing staff. This includes gate agents, but has been most noticeable among flight attendants. I'm sure some of you remember my CPAP issue.

I'm surprised that this hasn't surfaced here yet, but since it has not, I'll be happy to start the thread. I have seen this several times in the news this week.

In summary, a FA told a passenger to move out of the aisle. She claims not to have heard him. They booted her off the flight.

The support of fellow passengers leads me to believe that the woman's side of the story is credible. AA has reportedly offered her cash and vouchers, both of which she has declined. She says that she will never set foot on AA again and may seek punitive action in court. I wasn't there, but this doesn't look at all good. Here is the first article I found with video when searching:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...airlines-crew-kicking-woman-article-1.2395213

vickers likes this.
  2. vickers

vickers Gold Member

Status Points:
    "The woman was rebooked on the next flight, the company said."

I guess she did step foot on another AA flight.... ;)

There has to be more to this story. Not saying AA is never in the wrong, but I have never witnessed an issue on my flights with them.

But people who don't follow crew instructions and delay departure really piss me off.....

However, if the events unfolded exactly as outlined in the attached article, this person shouldn't be a flight attendant anymore.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
    satman40 likes this.
  3. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Many Airlines seem to have a People Problem, even Police Departments seem to have a People Problem, Landlord seem to have a People Problem...

Maybe People are laughing at taking Responsibility for their action, the Press sure seem to be doing a great job promoting destination, and lowering social standards.

Subway, now has Preverts,, Rubber Bread,, and now a Mouse in the sandwitch, still a great product,

Guess I've seen too many drunks on planes, too many tenants with dogs, and leaving the property in a mess, as for the cops, seems like most people resisting an officer seems to be quilty of other crimes...

Working with the public can be a real pain..and the Press love to Stir the Stink...to sell more time..Look at what they are doing to the politicians running for office.

About time people showed some respect, yet I suspect it is a reflection of their parents.

Can you tell I spent most of my life dealing with Difficult People, and made a good living making them happy.

vickers likes this.
  4. John Woram

John Woram Silver Member

Status Points:
    Something ain't quite kosher here. If the reactions of other passengers count for anything, it would seem the cabin crew were out of control. But, what was her purpose in standing in the aisle? Did she not know this is not a very good idea during takeoff? Surely, some crew member could have placed her in her seat and secured her seat belt -- tossing her off the plane seems an extreme measure, to say the least. If she were belligerent when told to sit down, then by all means toss her off the plane. So, what's the real story here? I wonder if we'll ever find out.

5. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    It wasn't during take-off.

6. vickers

vickers Gold Member

Status Points:
    Some unofficial reports are coming out on Facebook that the woman used a slur or a derogatory comment towards the flight attendant. Of course they could be untrue but I'm always cautious on these glaring one-sided stories. I find it very difficult to believe that she was asked to sit down once, didn't hear that request, and was then thrown off the plane. I'm sure more information will surface but it shows that we don't know what happened before the video started rolling.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  7. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    One thing for sure a FA is not going to put her job on the line, to tick off a stranger..

It takes a lot of work to clear the plane for take off.

I have seen more than person gang up on a FA, after they gets off the plane life goes on,
    , and the FA is left to clean up the mess.

The Captain, and crew is in control for a reason, and not the monkeys.

Can you imagine The Airplane Baltimore...

8. John Woram

John Woram Silver Member

Status Points:
    Right--I should have re-phrased that. She was apparently standing prior to (not during) take-off. Did she truly not know that it is traditional to sit down promptly and fasten your seat belt? Did she think it 's ok to stand while everyone is seated? And if she were the only one left standing, how could she not hear -- or at least, notice -- the flight attendant? As vickers points out, the is (so far) a one-sided story. t'will be interesting to hear the other side, when and if.

9. EHOTP

EHOTP New Member

Status Points:
    She better sat still to the end of the fly and then asked for help.

10. timfrost

timfrost Silver Member

Status Points:
    Interesting. Too bad videos of events like these always start to be recorded after the cascade of events has started.

Also, if this was TRULY that heinous, why didn't at least a few of the other passengers stand up in solidarity? No way they could have secured the cabin then, and it would have taken a whole bunch of people intervening to calm everyone down. Maybe not the BEST course of action, but if I saw something that was really not right, I wouldn't settle for booing.

And "I know you weren't there, I know you didn't see it" means SOMETHING happened.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
    vickers likes this.