AA Bonus Miles on US Airways

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by FEV77, Jan 13, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. FEV77

FEV77 Silver Member

Status Points:
    From an email I just received - Earn 50% more AAdvantage bonus miles on US Airways for flights through March 2, 2014
    More details and link to register on AA website here - Bonus miles on US Airways
    Click on the link and register with the code AAUSM
    p.s. I did register and did receive an email confirming I am registered for the promo

From the T&C - "Terms and Conditions
    AAdvantage 50% mileage bonus offer is valid for travel on US Airways, US Airways Express and US Airways Shuttle operated flights (includes codeshare flights marketed by American Airlines) for travel systemwide from January 13, 2014, through March 2, 2014. Offer applies to travel on purchased, published fare tickets that are eligible to earn AAdvantage miles. Bonus miles do not count toward elite status qualification or AAdvantage Million Miler status. 50% bonus miles will be calculated at 50% of the base miles earned or, if applicable, the minimum mileage guarantee. Registration prior to midnight CT on March 2, 2014, is required. Travel flown prior to registration will be eligible for the bonus. Bonus miles will be awarded within 3-4 weeks after the promotion period has ended."

daninstl and Newscience like this.
  2. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes I just got this email as well. Watch for it in your inbox. It doesn't seem to be targeted or at least not restricted at this point. The subject line on mine said:
    "Seamlessly book travel with US Airways"

FEV77 likes this.
  3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    It is open to everyone who registers; it is not targeted at all.

The quirk I am enjoying is that as a US Silver I get more miles on US metal (50% bonus) using a non-status AAdvantage account than my US Silver account. Ditto on AA metal for an AAdvantage Gold earning only 25% versus a non-status USDM account which will earn 50% extra.

Of course, you have to play the bonus miles against the other benefits to decide which way to go (or try to change the FF# last minute and get all the benefits).

Make sure to register for both the AA and US versions:
    http://shopping.usairways.com/promotion/dividendmiles/registration.aspx?PromoCode=UM50
    http://www.aa.com/viewPromotionDetails.do?fN=aad-us-air-offer.xml&_locale=en_US

basiface and FEV77 like this.
  4. FEV77

FEV77 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, and the email I just received from US was titled
    "More choices, more destinations‏"

5. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    FEV77 likes this.
  6. basiface

basiface Silver Member

Status Points:
    Or you can use your AA Gold account on US and get a 75% bonus since the benefits are shared now!

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  7. basiface

basiface Silver Member

Status Points:
    So I just tried to look up my upcoming trip to Hawaii on the US site and I keep getting an error message saying they don't have award flights to my destination lol. I don't even have a US account yet, I hope it's just overload from all the AAdvantage people looking up flights for bonus miles and not a sign of future things to come. I'll check back later.

8. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, it works great if flying the "other" airline. But if you are AA gold and flying on AA metal you will earn more points using a non-status US account than an AA gold account.

9. basiface

basiface Silver Member

Status Points:
    My thinking is that they're eventually going to merge the two accounts so if one isn't planning on using a ton of miles anytime soon it would be better to switch airlines for the length of the promo to stockpile miles. Obviously scheduling and prices would have to be comparable.