AA award space from LAX

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by loungelizard, Oct 29, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. loungelizard

loungelizard Active Member

Status Points:
    Does AA release more First class award space after someone books the one and only showing? Specifically, I am interested in the 10:50pm LAX to IAD in September and it seems most days only show one Z award available. We need two and I do have two awards on hold routing through MIA. Just wondering...

jbcarioca likes this.
  2. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    There is no connection.... in other words if an award is taken it does not trigger the release of another award.
    AA may release additional award inventory (much) closer to the date of travel.. but I wouldn't count on it since its quite obvious that they have significantly tightened up the availability
    of awards within NA and Transatlantic ( decent inventory is still visible for Asia)

You can set up an alert on Expert Flyer but my current opinion about AA is that if you find something that will work (even remotely) jump on it immediately.
    It sad to realize that despite the bad-mouthing Delta gets they currently show much better availability for NA to Europe than AA

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
    MX likes this.
  3. loungelizard

loungelizard Active Member

Status Points:
    That's what I was afraid of. This is actually a continuation flight from PPT so I guess I should feel very fortunate to be flying from PPT to the east coast on award flights at all. We will transfer in MIA and be happy. I did set an alert in Expertflyer but haven't seen any other days/flights change so I suspect it won't change any time soon. Now, I better go ticket this hold before I forget...