AA Announces MIA-SAN, DFW-HMO, DFW-ZCL

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by DestinationDavid, Feb 28, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    LINK.

Daily MIA-SAN service:

;;;;;.JPG

Daily DFW-HMO service and service DFW-ZCL on M, W, Sat pending government approval

;;;;;;.JPG

2. tondoleo
    Original Member

tondoleo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Happy to hear there will be a non-stop. Too bad it is not in the a.m.

3. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    Great route addition and flight times. Perfect for weekend getaways in both directions.

4. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not horrible for business travel, either. And good for connections out of MIA.

5. zphelj

zphelj Gold Member

Status Points:
    I like it. Now I just need a clever routing to utilize this while sitting in between them in DFW :)

6. anabolism
    Original Member

anabolism Gold Member

Status Points:
    How can people say the SAN-MIA flight is good for weekend getaways or business trips? It's a four-hour flight that leaves at 9:45 PM and gets in at 5:40 AM, in other words, a classic red eye. It's perfect if you're the sort that never sleeps or wants to not sleep. IMO, it should depart SAN sometime in the early afternoon.

7. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Perhaps it's because I've spent 5 of the last 7 yrs sleeping on planes flying to the east coast on red eyes but for a quick getaway, I'd be able to leave Friday night, get to Miami Saturday morning, spend one night in South Beach and come back Sunday evening in time to catch another red eye out for work (as I did this past weekend) or just go to work Monday AM on the west coast.

Seems like a good option for those in Miami as well as they can fly to San Diego Friday night in time to go out that evening, spend 2 days in America's Finest City and then take the Sunday night red eye back in time for work on Monday AM.

It's amazing what an eye mask, ear plugs and a neck pillow can do to make red eyes bearable and bringing headphones to utilize the OK personal entertainment system (at least on the 772) makes the time fly by.

8. anabolism
    Original Member

anabolism Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well, the flight is only four hours, so like I said, you'll be running on no sleep.

I agree, the schedule works much better for those starting out in Miami.

I travel with a very good eye mask, NRR 32 super-soft ear plugs, Bose headphones, iPod, etc. But none of that turns a four hour flight into a 10-hour flight, nor a 737 into a 777.

DeacFlyer1 likes this.
  9. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Ahh.... I can usually function on 4 hrs of sleep so it's not a biggie but in the occasion that I cannot, I can always take a late afternoon nap at the hotel before heading out for the evening. At the end of the day, a good option for someone who doesn't want to take a vacation day to get away for a quick weekend.

John777 likes this.
  10. anabolism
    Original Member

anabolism Gold Member

Status Points:
    Glad it works for you.

I'm not a good napper and don't function well on little sleep so this doesn't work for me.