AA Announces 9 New Routes from LAX

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by DestinationDavid, Apr 10, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Well, really 5 new routes since as far as I can tell 4 of them were already known to the public.

LINK.

479974_10151348891066078_488400904_n.jpg

The four previously announced or operating flights:

Redmond, Oregon (RDM)
    Eugene, Oregon (EUG)
    Raleigh (RDU)
    Sao Paulo (GRU)

The five I hadn't seen previously:

Pittsburgh (PIT)
    Indianapolis (IND)
    Columbus (CMH)
    Hartford (BDL)
    Norwest Arkansas (XNA)

GRU is planned for 11/21 pending government approval. The RDM and EUG flights lunch 6/12, the rest are scheduled to commence on 8/27.

2. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Eloy Fonseca Neto Silver Member

Status Points:
    Does anyone know when we will have confirmation on GRU - LAX?? What time has the agency give AA on a response?

jbcarioca likes this.
  3. Captain Oveur
    Original Member

Captain Oveur Gold Member

Status Points:
    Some real unusual routes, IMO. Especially the west coast coverage.

Hope they bring on LAX-SEA someday.

4. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    XNA is a really weird route. 1371 on a CRJ? No thanks.

BDL is a route that has been operated in the past by Delta and rarely had decent loads. I used to fly it all the time and there were often $99 one way sales, cheap and still empty.

I know that there is demand for PIT flights from LAX but UA hasn't been able to see it but hopefully AA succeeds on that route as I know many people who want to fly non-stop LAX-PIT, especially for Steelers games.

jbcarioca likes this.
  5. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hmmm... the LAX GRU AA flight is an interesting one, too bad they don't have a feeder flight GRU EZE.... I mean not on AA metal. I could of course do EZE GRU on LAN but Im pretty sure that would hike fares considerably given the overall pricing structure that LAN has (consistently 25-30% higher than AA on comparable routings).

jbcarioca likes this.
  6. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    I believe the LAX-RDU is already operating since I just checked in for my RDU-LAX flight for tomorrow.

jbcarioca likes this.
  7. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Right, which is why my OP says 4 were already known/operating and I didn't give a launch date for RDU. The quote you've got me on is RDM which is the Redmond, Oregon flight. Probably could have clarified RDU was the operating flight but that's been announced and launched for so long I figured it was a foregone conclusion.

jbcarioca likes this.
  8. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Because the LA and JJ codeshares with AA are in place/soon to be, depending on specific routes, I try checking on AA 001 ticketing. It's very possible that the AA ticketing through all the way might get a more favorable fare. I'm waiting too for GIG-GRU to connect, an old Eloy ploy that I rarely employ just because I dislike connections.

sobore, Gaucho and Eloy Fonseca Neto like this.
  9. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Exactly my question! We'll probably meet on that flight as soon as it happens!

10. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is there a LAN flight GRU-AEP?

Gaucho likes this.
  11. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    When they first launched the regional service from AEP, yes... but with the current war between AR and LAN getting nasty, Im not sure they still have that out of AEP. I need to check.

12. Photonerd71

Photonerd71 Silver Member

Status Points:
    USA today had this story this morning. (I am using my phone and dont know how to link the story), but the point of the story was/is that AA is going to beef up LAX as a west coast hub. Not mentioned was,is the the start of a slow death for PHX as a hub. Should we get ready to add Phoenix to the list that includes Cincy,Memphis,St Louis and Cleveland (which i this is slowly being added).

sobore likes this.
  13. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    That would really stink, but I guess this hub becomes all US post merger.

14. AbeFrohman

AbeFrohman Member

Status Points:
    There's some decent logic there I think.

XNA is the airport that serves the Walmart headquarters in Bentonville, so this actually seems like a pretty wise route. Many Walmart vendors selling to Walmart have large, established offices in the area, so it seems like there's a fair amount of traffic back and forth, especially for vendors from Asian countries flying through LAX.

Tyson Chicken and JB Hunt (huge trucking company) are also headquartered there and they just opened the Walton Family funded Crystal Bridges art museum, which is getting rave national reviews.

You also have a couple of colleges, including the Razorbacks within 15-20 minutes, as well as being a couple of hours from both St Louis and Tulsa, as well as a short-drive from Branson, MI (regional cheesy vacation destination).

Oh yeah, don't forget the Daisy Airgun Museum is located up there too. :)

Allegiant Air runs discount flights from LAX to XNA that have been pretty full.

15. flyforawg

flyforawg Silver Member

Status Points:
    But will the sausage king of Chicago open an office there? :D

16. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you read my entire post you'd notice I was more talking about the CRJ issue...long way to go in a tiny tube.
    The economics of the route may well be great, but the CRJ, yeah screw that.