AA and US reciprocal benefits, etc...

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by brodyf, Jan 7, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. brodyf

brodyf Gold Member

Status Points:
    Anyone else get the email notification that effective today elites get to earn AA miles for US flights, etc?

Dear,

AAdvantage[​IMG] Executive Platinum Number:

[​IMG]

It's an exciting time at American Airlines, and we're kicking off the new year with you, our most loyal customers, in mind.

For now, we will continue to maintain our separate loyalty programs — AAdvantage® and Dividend Miles — with rules and benefits of each program still applying, but rest assured your mileage balance and elite status are safe, secure and will continue to be honored.

There is much work to be done as we combine two great airlines — American Airlines and US Airways, and since the close of our merger, we have been working to bring you our first phase of enhanced benefits, effective today. Here are a few highlights:

Earning and redeeming miles
    You can now earn and redeem AAdvantage miles when flying on American or US Airways. All eligible travel on either airline will count toward elite status qualification in the program of your choosing.

Elite benefits
    Elite members of each airline can now enjoy select reciprocal benefits when flying either airline, including First and Business Class check-in, complimentary checked bags, priority security and boarding and many more.

More lounge access
    In addition to the 35 Admirals Club® locations currently in major airports worldwide, Admirals Club members (including Citi Executive® / AAdvantage® World EliteTM MasterCard® cardmembers) can now access all 19 domestic US Airways Clubs, 10 of which are in airports where Admirals Club lounges are not currently offered.

Same great benefits with the Citi® / AAdvantage® card
    Your credit card benefits will remain unchanged. You'll continue to earn AAdvantage miles for purchases on your Citi® / AAdvantage® card without disruption.

Coming soon, we'll begin the first phase of a codeshare agreement with US Airways, which will bring you easy access to the combined company's global network.

Stay up-to-date on the latest developments and benefits coming your way by visiting aa.com/arriving and following our social channels. If you're traveling soon, check out aa.com/findyourway for day-of-travel information.

Sincerely,
    [​IMG]
    Andrew Nocella
    Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer
    American Airlines

jmjgp12 and Newscience like this.
  2. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Mine came in from US Airways 5 hours ago (no status), but not AA (status).

Newscience likes this.
  3. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, thanks for posting! This notice came in both US (status) and AA (no status) account emails.

4. chef4u
    Original Member

chef4u Silver Member

Status Points:
    I need some clarification as AA Gold flying on US Air. I'm flying YYZ-PHI-ISP later this month. Will each flight get me 500 miles + 25% bonus, or actual miles +25% bonus?

5. Betty Boop

Betty Boop Gold Member

Status Points:
    I got the notice from both AA and US.

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

6. icurhere2
    Original Member

icurhere2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Mine came this morning from US (no status) but not AA (EXP).

7. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    AA's Twitter team noted the minimum mileage guarantee applies to US flights.

Gtitan likes this.
  8. chanp
    Original Member

chanp Silver Member

Status Points:
    I didn't get any emails from either. Good to see this so fast. Look forward to further benefits.

9. pnoeric

pnoeric Silver Member

Status Points:
    Oddly, nothing from AA, though I'm exec plat. I'm so happy to read this news, though. It's definitely the "honeymoon" period and us travelers win for now... this just opens up more options with no "downside" (yet). Great to know US flights are an option, though I can't wait for the recip upgrades to kick in. ;-)

10. FEV77

FEV77 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Got an email from AA yesterday
    (AA Plat)

11. KAITLYNANDREW88

KAITLYNANDREW88 Active Member

Status Points:
    I got its from AA yesterday

12. Seat6A

Seat6A Silver Member

Status Points:
    What's the word on EXP upgrades on US?

13. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    The word is that ... there is no word. Wait and see, anything else is speculation. ;)

Seat6A and Gtitan like this.