AA Advantage - All Partner Awards - two awards from one account - however one wants to use stopover

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Travelman, Apr 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Travelman
    Original Member

Travelman Gold Member

Status Points:
    AA Advantage - All Partner Awards - two awards from one account - however one wants to use stopover privilege

NEWBIE question in that My wife and I have always had the exact same dates/flights when traveling on awards so I have never had to think about the following scenario until now:

Can we do the following?

The miles need to come from my wife's AAdvantage account.
    We both travel together on the first flight from TLV > LAX.
    However, my wife wants to use LAX as a stopover at the North American gateway so she continues to our destination a couple of days later, while I continue on to our destination without stopping.

Are there any buzzwords that i should use with the Reservationist to facilitate making the reservations correctly?

2. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Are you flying direct on El Al? Or coming into LAX from LHR/MAD?

3. Travelman
    Original Member

Travelman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nonstop on LY from TLV to LAX.

4. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Shouldn't be a problem then. I guess I'm confused on why you think it's an issue? Did they tell you they couldn't ticket it?

As far as I can tell you'll just book your award separately from hers and as long as theirs inventory, you'll be fine. If you're going TLV to LAX direct, LAX is the North American gateway and a stop over should be allowed.

Is this related to your other thread about HA inventory to HNL?

5. Travelman
    Original Member

Travelman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, it was related to the other thread re HA inventory from LAX to HNL on an ALL Partner Award to/from North America ....

Yes there was no problem ... it just meant that the reservations had to be created under two different Record Locators (Booking Reference numbers/Confirmation numbers) for these two legs ... the remainder of our flights where we were both travelling together were all put under one Record Locator.