AA Admirals Club New Gifts to Purchase

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by jmjgp12, Mar 24, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. jmjgp12

jmjgp12 Silver Member

Status Points:
    After reading through the recently redesigned AA Admirals Club Page - there is a reference for members to able to purchase AC logoed gifts like a blanket in ORD and a fitness kit in LAX -- does anyone know what other gifts are available in other clubs? The iPad cover for example.

Thanks!

uggboy likes this.
  2. snoozing lion

snoozing lion New Member

Status Points:
    Sorry, I do not know of AC logoed items. Your query reminded me I have a non-logo soup bowl from Howard Hughes Airline, circa 1975, for sale. It's in excellent condition, no chips or cracks. It's earthenware, with a shiny brown glaze overall, except a light buff glaze dripping around and over the rim. The markings on the bottom say, "7016" "McCoy" "USA" then the fourth line is a symbol that looks like three squared-off letter "C" in diminishing sizes, one inside the other. I have no provenance to prove it's from Hughes Airline, except my word that I ate soup from it on a flight between LAX and SFO, sometime between 1974-75, probably 75. If anyone is interested, you all seem to be so knowledgeable about esoteric airline facts that you would probably know how to research the authenticity.

3. perryplatypus

perryplatypus Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have some apples from the Admiral's Club with logo carved in them using my teeth. :)

4. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    There used to be an AA shop at one of the terminals at DFW that was open to the public. You could go in there and buy AA logo shirts and caps. I don't know if it's around any longer but if you ask an AA employee at DFW they could probably direct you to it if it is. It would have been either the A or C terminal.

5. Robt760

Robt760 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, it's near C-2 at DFW, but only mostly daytime hours.

6. perryplatypus

Status Points:
    Wow I will have to look for it tomorrow. With all the times I have flown out of DFW I have never noticed it. If my flight leaves out of C tomorrow I will drop by and take some photos.

OceanBreezes and jmjgp12 like this.
  7. weinskkb
    Original Member

weinskkb Silver Member

Status Points:
    The store was still there around the first of this month, but like Robt760 says, it has only been open during the day.

8. PhlyingRPh
    Original Member

PhlyingRPh Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have never seen or heard of this shop. As luck would have it I can not even recall boarding a flight at that far end of Terminal C.

9. NYCAdventurer

NYCAdventurer Gold Member

Status Points:
    There is a pretty nice shop at the AA museum @ DFW. If in Dallas, it is definitely worth checking out the museum and store.

DestinationDavid and jmjgp12 like this.
  10. perryplatypus

Status Points:
    Here are some photos from the store
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Store seemed pretty bare but I think this one has only opened recently. Someone correct me if this wrong.

PhlyingRPh and jmjgp12 like this.
  11. jmjgp12

jmjgp12 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thank you for the info and the photos! They are greatly appreciated!

12. perryplatypus

Status Points:
    Glad to help. Would not have even known this store was here if you hadn't asked the question :) Just lucky enough to land at c4 today.

jmjgp12 likes this.