AA Admiral's Club - LAX - Showers

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Travelman, Aug 14, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Travelman
    Original Member

Travelman Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have never used the showers at the LAX Admiral's club .... however, this time I will be arriving on an early morning international flight and will have a number of hours before my domestic flight so it seems like it might be beneficial --- not only for me, but for those around me too! :).

My question is what is the protocol? Does one book the showers at a desk? or is there an attendant inside the shower area? or do you just take the next cubicle that opens up?

Looking forward to understanding this aspect of the Club's services.

2. Franklybrit

Franklybrit Silver Member

Status Points:
    Based on my experience elsewhere (mainly MIA), either ask at the check in desk or at the assistance desk within the lounge, and they will either open an shower up for you, or page a colleague to do the same. When you leave the attendant will take care of clearing away used towels etc.

3. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Eloy Fonseca Neto Silver Member

Status Points:
    I always use the showers in every AC. They are very good and help you refresh after or before flights!! Just stop by the Assistance Desk at the entrance of AC LAX!!!!

4. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    At the lax AC, ask at the desk upstairs. They will either have a key ready, or will take your name and call you when the next room becomes available.

They will have a small bath towel and a washcloth in the shower room. The in-shower dispenser has shampoo, conditioner and body wash. Pretty much the only things you need are deodorant and any sort of hair products that you might care for.

My experience is in the AC and FL at lax there is rarely a wait.

5. SST
    Original Member

SST Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've never had to wait for the showers; LAX has a bunch. Just stop at the desk UPSTAIRS when you enter the club floor (after the elevator). The pay-massage chairs outside are also a treat after the shower, if you've been on a long flight.

6. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've used the showers at JFK and ORD, but never at LAX. I think the same procedure/policy applies to all ACs. Just ask and they will either hand you a key or check to ensure one is available. Like others, I have never had to wait for a shower. One of the best features of the ACs!

7. Travelman
    Original Member

Travelman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wow! thanks everyone for your speedy responses! ... So it looks like the only thing i will need is a small trial size deodorant that will go in the clear plastic bag to clear Security ... thanks!