AA 777-200

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Jlou, Jan 29, 2016.  |  Print Topic

1. Jlou

Jlou New Member

Status Points:
    Award space just opened on flight 112 BNA -BCN that I am considering. The info says 777-200. From what I have researched it has angled seats in business class a
    nd is an old plane not recommended. I have also just read a review on the upgraded 777-200 which sounds much better. Is there a way to know which version of the plane I would be flying?

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    If they are selling F seats it is the old one.

The future retrofits are going to be delayed as AA fired the seat manufacturer for failing to deliver the product in a timely manner. :oops:

Also, that plane doesn't go from Nashville to Barcelona. There's a stop somewhere along the way and the flight out of Nashville is definitely [not] on a 777. May want to check on that.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
  3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think you missed a "not" ?

Wandering Aramean likes this.
  4. Jlou

Jlou New Member

Status Points:
    My mistake. The flight is the segment from Mia to Bcn #112.

5. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    So, yeah, the other advice still applies.

6. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you can fly in F the 777-200 F seat are quite comfortable, if a trifle old and very spacious too. They're are slightly better than the new Business Class seats in the other planes, but the Business class in the 777-200 is certainly obsolete.

7. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    I flew this aircraft DFW-MIA on Wednesday. They were not selling J, and F was sold out, but Elites and full-fare pax could choose a J seat. While I agree that there are better seats on newer configurations, I found this old seat to be quite comfortable even prior to being reclined.

8. timfrost

timfrost Silver Member

Status Points:
    There's nothing wrong with the older 777-200 J seats... they're dated but certainly not lacking for comfort. There are nicer products out there (including the upgraded 772/763 aircraft) but I wouldn't specifically avoid business on these planes.

When you are searching for flights on the AA website, aircraft type 777 denotes an older configuration, and 772 means it has the new J and no F cabin.

9. brodyf

brodyf Gold Member

Status Points:
    I actually do try to avoid this plane in business class, especially on the overnight flights. I don't sleep as well on that angled seat, and having an upgrade or worse a purchased J middle seat takes some of the charm out of the experience. Whenever I can, I hunt for seats on the 763 or 333 instead if possible. Don't get me wrong, it's better thanY, just not nearly as nice as the other products AA offers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pizzaman and Wandering Aramean like this.
  10. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    Totally get it. I consider myself lucky to be able to sleep in pretty much any seat. I don't love having to "shuffle" back up the angle seat a few times during sleep on a long flight, but it beats Y.

11. Seat6A

Seat6A Silver Member

Status Points:
    i've been on the 777-200 retrofit and it was a great flight. The angle seats are good by me. It's nice not to have to step over someone in the middle of the night. If it's the old/old 2x2 seats H and J then I would try to avoid it.